• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pricing Comic Art - Update
4 4

21 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, The Voord said:

If you're looking for ball-park figures, you might want to consider inviting opinions from members of several of the FB groups specializing in OA.

Terry, thanks for the reminder. It's funny how often the obvious is missed especially by me.

I've added both the CGC Marketplace and a number of Facebook groups as potential sources of (mis)guidance. 

17 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Helluva job. But is the comic art con really moving from Northern NJ to NYC?

To be honest, I don't remember. I had it in my notes at one time, but ...

Decided to change it and changed the link to the owner's site.

Decided to list venues by cost.

Edited by alxjhnsn

On 2/25/2020 at 11:17 AM, The Voord said:

If you're looking for ball-park figures, you might want to consider inviting opinions from members of several of the FB groups specializing in OA.

I don’t disagree, but I find Facebook a little predatory in their estimates. Whenever I see somebody inquire about pricing, it’s usually tons of lowballs followed by ‘pm sent’.

On 6/25/2020 at 5:05 PM, cloud cloddie said:

I don’t disagree, but I find Facebook a little predatory in their estimates. Whenever I see somebody inquire about pricing, it’s usually tons of lowballs followed by ‘pm sent’.

I do provide a warning about this path -  "prepare for odd/funny answers, unsolicited offers, and the usual social media snark."

I'm open to a better warning. :)

Edited by alxjhnsn
Fixed the font. It bothered me.

1 hour ago, alxjhnsn said:

Updated the post with links to both the original "A-list" thread and the newer "Part 2" thread.

this is an amazing thread (and updated initial post) Alex and you are to be commended for putting this together for the hobby.  Knowledge is power in this hobby, and for too long people didn't want to share that knowledge.  I believe the opposite.  The more people coming into and enjoying and understanding the hobby without getting burned the better.