• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The growing dilemma, where best to buy comics?
4 4

109 posts in this topic

I haven’t ever used my (now defunct) website to sell comics 

my last serious board sale was probably 6-7 years ago

i haven’t sold on eBay since 2011 outside of an exception here and there

i haven’t used fb or ig to sell comics 

I Pretty much only sold in person , mostly via store and conventions 

all that is changing for me This year (set in motion pre covid 19)

will sell online and via ig and here on the boards again. My con presence will diminish over next year or two 

Times they a changing for moi

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

will sell online and via ig and here on the boards again. My con presence will diminish over next year or two 

As someone who only got to see pictures of your set up at cons I will certainly look forward to any sales thread you have here on the boards and I am certain I am not alone in that. (thumbsu

On 3/20/2020 at 9:07 AM, G.A.tor said:

Tough times for all dealers and you have a family to protect on top of it all, I think we all have to change it up from things we did in the past.

5 minutes ago, comicjack said:

Tough times for all dealers and you have a family to protect on top of it all, I think we all have to change it up from things we did in the past.

My process was decided pre covid. But with all the financial hardships for folks I see forthcoming, I do believe it will be a tough year for most all sellers of comics. 

On 3/21/2020 at 8:36 AM, G.A.tor said:

My process was decided pre covid. But with all the financial hardships for folks I see forthcoming, I do believe it will be a tough year for most all sellers of comics. 

Well, you know folks here will support your online efforts.  I was on board with this approach even before you announced it.  In the past I procured that sweet copy of Human Torch #5 the battle book which is still a key in my collection.  Would happily deal with you on-line if the right items and quality were available. High grade Timelys are always of interest, also HIT Comics ...a bunch of gaps between 4-18, and maybe some of the early Prize Comics.in the teens.

At the moment I’m not actively seeking books, but at some point I probably will be again.  I enjoy doing business with friends.

On 3/1/2020 at 6:00 PM, sagii said:

I just downloaded the app by @shortboxed

Nothing short of amazing! Should be added to the stickied Dealers Thread 

Thank you! If anyone else wants to check it out, you can download the app on iOS and Android, just search for "Shortboxed"

I don't want to hijack this thread, but there is a thread in General to solicit feedback and feature requests from the community here: 

22 hours ago, shortboxed said:

Thank you! If anyone else wants to check it out, you can download the app on iOS and Android, just search for "Shortboxed"

I don't want to hijack this thread, but there is a thread in General to solicit feedback and feature requests from the community here: 

Thanks for the link.  We want all innovative means of keeping the community current and in touch.  It isn't hijacking to link a source.  (thumbsu

This thread has a multiple focus, including letting folks know where your specific buying & selling interests are targeted, who to contact and how you plan to conduct business in the near term. 

NOTE: In some cases, contacting a trusted dealer by PM directly will provide best service for your needs/wants (reducing costs to buyer through direct negotiation, eliminating middlemen fees).

:download:

Edited by Cat-Man_America

On 3/23/2020 at 4:05 PM, shortboxed said:

It is a great app, but useless for anyone not in the states at the moment (I'm in Canada) - and it's actually the one reason I've had to unfollow you guys since all your stuff is now inserted into the app, and your instagram feed is simply advertisements for that - it's taken the actual sales posts away from instagram users, which was the entire reason I started an account in the first case, to buy comics on instagram! :D