• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KEY books that are KEY books SOLELY because of cover no other reason KEY KEY KEY KEY KEY!!
7 7

403 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Hudson said:
11 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Back on the actual topic, Suspense Comics 3 definitely qualifies.

When I first read the topic to be discussed, this book was the first one that came to mind!

Or pretty much any romance comic with a Matt Baker cover.

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Wait... I do not think this post means what you think it means.

I thought that the entire story revolved around what the cover is implying with the twist ending. 

I was just saying 222 due to the cover is worth more than 221 or 223.  Its more desired due to iconic cover.

14 hours ago, kav said:

This one:
Image result for batman beatles cover

It's not just the cover that makes this book desirable/valuable -- it's the Beatles connection in the story, too.

Bats 222 has been broken out in the Guide for years as a "Beatles take-off".  Plus, it's a "crossover" item which appeals to Beatles/music collectors as well as comics people...

16 hours ago, Von Cichlid said:

Batman 227 and 423 are the first that immediately come to mind.  I still think 75% of HOS 92's value comes from the cover alone, but that doesn't fit the criteria for entry.  I'm not sure if Hulk 341 should be in here either.  It does have the first Marvel appearance of the "classic" McFarlane style, but again, that cover contributes to most of its success.   

Hulk #340....?

5 minutes ago, speedcake said:

I don't see the need to try and ruin and derail a fun thread with subjective nit-pickiness over what is or isn't a key.

You do know you're on the CGC boards, right...?

:baiting:

Edited by theCapraAegagrus
Added emoji for anti-dramatic effect...