• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KEY books that are KEY books SOLELY because of cover no other reason KEY KEY KEY KEY KEY!!
7 7

403 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

Yeah.  I’m pretty sure that’s not expensive because of the cover.  It that it’s the first appearance of Jason Ewert in comics.

mail.gif

On 3/1/2020 at 11:01 PM, kav said:

I think that one value is due to start of Defenders/Avengers war not due to cover.

I thought the war started in earlier issues like 7 or 8? And it was in a few Avengers issues from around the same time frame. I guess that could be a reason but I dont think the other issues in that story arc get value. I guess it kind of culminates in this issue. So perhaps cover alone does not affect this one. 

7 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

I thought the war started in earlier issues like 7 or 8? And it was in a few Avengers issues from around the same time frame. I guess that could be a reason but I dont think the other issues in that story arc get value. I guess it kind of culminates in this issue. So perhaps cover alone does not affect this one. 

Defenders 10 is more highly desired than the rest of the Avengers/Defenders War. I recently put that storyline together in low grade, and nothing; not even the cool Vision v. Surfer cover; was close in price. 

6 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Defenders 10 is more highly desired than the rest of the Avengers/Defenders War. I recently put that storyline together in low grade, and nothing; not even the cool Vision v. Surfer cover; was close in price. 

I do think that one is driven by the Hulk-Thor battle. It's extensive, and it's one of their earliest. I can't recall another between that and JIM 112. Far less common silver or bronze battle than Subby/Hulk, subby/thing, thing/hulk.