• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did you get your CGC survey...?
4 4

80 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Avi said:
2 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

2.jpg.f423983f241930351bd50f04a03a290e.jpg

Fill it out with company names and continue...

That's hilarious. When you've been immersed with CGC for a decade+, you don't think of "graders" as "companies", but as PEOPLE.

I put Litch, Caffrey, Nelson, Gemma, and Mike Balent.

lol

I thought it a very, very odd question. 

Do we get a free submission for completing it? hm

On 2/26/2020 at 11:41 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:
On 2/26/2020 at 11:23 AM, skypinkblu said:

I would have answered further, but they asked too many personal questions that I really didn't want floating around on a non secure website. So I stopped after age, income, value of  your collection and one or two others.

Same here.  I stopped after the questionnaire asked me to list the names of the graders I knew. 

I stopped after they said they could see me in my tighty whiteys. Creepy

Edited by Jëffrö...

The technical aspects of survey design is relatively manageable, the data collection\survey instrument can be very difficult to develop, i.e.,  issues around validity, reliability, etc. It would likely be a good idea for CGC to revamp their instrument......I am basing my conclusion on the information presented in this post....by the way what were the income ranges? Just curious.

Edited by JohnFranklin

Why do they need to know how much I make and how much my collections are worth?

I have a hard time answering these things because, a little more than, "none of your $*@%# business" and slightly more than "go #$&*@ #$*&)@(#*&@)" is hard to fit in the 'other' field. 

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Why do they need to know how much I make and how much my collections are worth?

I have a hard time answering these things because, a little more than, "none of your $*@%# business" and slightly more than "go #$&*@ #$*&)@(#*&@)" is hard to fit in the 'other' field. 

To determine demographics of their consumer base

based on what I heard the questions were I suspect some of this date will be used on how to market more effectively or how to use this information for ad revenue 

i would not be surprised if they hired a consultant on how to grow the business and when questions were asked about who their customers are, they didn’t have any “real” answers 

and yes I stayed at a holiday inn once 

I used to work at a survey company many years ago, some of the studies required a specific set of demographic numbers to be met (I.e. x number of respondents in this category) This ether was an age demographic, income demographic or a ethnicity demographic 

9 hours ago, JohnFranklin said:

The technical aspects of survey design is relatively manageable, the data collection\survey instrument can be very difficult to develop, i.e.,  issues around validity, reliability, etc. It would likely be a good idea for CGC to revamp their instrument......I am basing my conclusion on the information presented in this post....by the way what were the income ranges? Just curious.

from what i remember the ranges were  1-25k  25-50k  50-75k  75-100k .......

and probably 4 more boxes to check for incomes higher than that...

47 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I used to work at a survey company many years ago, some of the studies required a specific set of demographic numbers to be met (I.e. x number of respondents in this category) This ether was an age demographic, income demographic or a ethnicity demographic 

I agree with you that it certainly does appear to be ether, and it worked based on the responses so far. high quality ether.