• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pure Hate in this Article is Astounding
1 1

232 posts in this topic

I'm sorry, but the reasons most comic shops in San Francisco  went under had less to do with speculation and more to do with rising rents. Shop owners were priced out.:$

On the other hand, I definitely want some of whatever he has been smoking.

Edited by shadroch

I havent bought a comic off the shelf since the 90s, this is partly why. 

Then all the variants that started a flood just contribute to the issue. I've missed out on a lot of cool stuff just because I cant stomach not knowing what to buy in regards of variant, story or what's "hot"

I don't get it. Something happens that got lots of new people into your store. How is this a bad thing? As a shop owner you should be wishing that this sort of thing happens more often and work on turning the temporary customer into someone who returns. Or I suppose you can just take the holier than now attitude about how only die hard fans should be allowed to shop in your store....tell me how that works out for you in the long run....

Whilst, as a lover of the medium, I find it hard to disagree with the general sentiments, people can read the issues online. And he's really only railing against human nature. If there's a way to make a buck, people will do it whatever the medium. Lots of ways to make a buck with comics, many of which can appear 'unseemly'. If you queue up to get your favourite artist to sign one book, because you love their work, you're a fan. Get him to sign 50 books though....