• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pure Hate in this Article is Astounding
1 1

232 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, D84 said:

Maybe we can starve out the speculators by refusing to pay out the nose for today's issue? (shrug)

But it’s specs buying the issue at inflated prices. They just feed on themselves....

46 minutes ago, siro123 said:

You can always buy digital if you cant get ahold of a physical copy.

I'mma quote RMA here (sorry for stepping on any toes, Zeph):

"Paraphrase alert: 'you want a copy? Too bad! This one's fer MAKIN' CASH! You can just go buy that digital one if you want it so bad!!'

And that is how you kill an industry."

and

"Those dummies want to read the story in the format they like can go jump off a cliff. You'll read it in digital or not at all!!"

:)

-slym

8 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

But it’s specs buying the issue at inflated prices. They just feed on themselves....

Man, I cant wait for the bottom to drop out.

33 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'd rather KMS.

You don't understand how much of my day is spent staring at screens. Basically my entire work day, then hockey/video games, etc. Comic books are one of the only escapes that I have from my eyes being burn out of my :censored:ing skull.

You aren't the authority on 'complaining', so please cram that perception where my burnt-out eyes can't gaze.

Invest in a pair of gaming Glasses like gunnars or something. You wont strain your eyes as much.

I wear them at work all day as i stare at computer screens all day too.

Have a nice day

5 minutes ago, siro123 said:

Invest in a pair of gaming Glasses like gunnars or something. You wont strain your eyes as much.

I wear them at work all day as i stare at computer screens all day too.

Have a nice day

Cool story. I was being hyperbolic and wasn't soliciting 'advice'.

That doesn't solve the problem of dingii flipping comics and tantamount robbing people who actually enjoy the intentional purpose of the comic book art-form.

Speculators are not killing the market. Nothing you say will change my mind on that issue.

Stores can limit what people buy Limit 1.  Simple solution.

Your anger is misplaced. 

Enjoy the hobby 

Also Joker War needs to live up to the hype. I've been very disappointed in the last few Joker Events.

7 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

There’s a long way to fall....

Probably not as long as you’d think. Although keys are selling for higher and higher prices, I think it’s the same small group of people buying and selling them to each other. When the movie hype hits I don’t see that translating to new people looking for first appearances of whoever is in this new movie, it’s us doing it to each other and ourselves, for higher and higher prices. If a thousand high grade CGC slab collectors of movie hype superhero comics move on it would be devastating to the values of these comics. Many of us have been collecting comics our entire lives so it’s not as if comics are a fad to us, but many of us have also had other passions that we have abandoned at some point in life never to return for one reason or another. Comics and lowriders are just the two I stuck with, and I took 15+ year long breaks from both, and at this point a, barely spending a couple grand a year on both hobbies combined. I’m almost out of comics collecting, just barely buying a few things a year

17 hours ago, siro123 said:

Speculators are not killing the market. Nothing you say will change my mind on that issue.

Stores can limit what people buy Limit 1.  Simple solution.

Your anger is misplaced. 

Enjoy the hobby 

Also Joker War needs to live up to the hype. I've been very disappointed in the last few Joker Events.

You can be wrong and unacceptable of the facts. That's your prerogative. You're still wrong, though.

I would suggest not inferring emotion from emotionless text RE: the bold.

Tough to enjoy a hobby when spec drek buyers/flippers are ruining it at the expense of our experience. All the while people like you enable their ill intentions. (tsk)

You can buy $1.00 comics and enjoy the hobby...

Tbh most first appearances ect are the most boring part of a characters evolution, I can understand pushing the market in the manner that speculators do and it can be aggravating to the purists of the hobby.

Edited by Hollywood1892

On 3/3/2020 at 12:00 AM, BL4Z3 said:
On 3/2/2020 at 11:35 PM, nickdemeato said:

Children have parents and or guardians who can act on their behalf. So the contract would be between the parent and the buyer. Im a little in disbelief I had to write that. Is it really so far beyond your imagination that this could be happening? Im not talking about a large % im not even saying its a lot. For you to dismiss it like its just not possible. Did you really never sell something when where youger to buy something else? I think I even said before that the parents would sell it on ebay

Now THIS has to be sarcasm. If it's not, it's one of the dumbest comic posts I've ever read :tonofbricks:

Can somebody fill me in on this? Whats so dumb? The idea there are children buying comics? That they would be smart enough to see a thing one place at a much cheaper price than it sells for somewhere else, then take advantage? That they get help from their parents?

Or that I spelled younger wrong?

2 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

You can buy $1.00 comics and enjoy the hobby...

Tbh most first appearances ect are the most boring part of a characters evolution, I can understand pushing the market in the manner that speculators do and it can be aggravating to the purists of the hobby.

Your missing the point...as usual