• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet ANOTHER Ebay shipping fail.....
2 2

49 posts in this topic

You already know how this ends..... :facepalm:

This package came in the mail today.  When I felt the package I knew it was a CGC slab because THERE WAS NO CARDBOARD and I could simply feel the plastic thru the envelope.

SO I paid over $1000 for this and the seller couldn't take the time to use cardboard, padding, or a box.  doh!

The slab is opening about half way down one side.  The comic appears to be ok.

The seller said he would try to get some insurance for me, but when the PO insurance sees these pics won't they just say "Um... where's the packing protection?"

So..... should I have the seller pay for a reholder plus shipping?  Just send it back and get my money back?  See if he's able to get some insurance out of it?

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

tough call up to you if you want to wait for re-holdering and shipping. I would send back unless it was really hard to get another copy of this book with the sigs etc... 

What the hell happened with the shipping?! Looks like it was slugged half way to kingdome come.

Anyways, I have been on the seller end of such a transaction, though it was never this bad. If there was some damage through the shipping and the buyer made me aware of that, I would refund the cost of a reholder. I wasn't sent an image so maybe I was lied to, but I gave the buyer the benefit of the doubt.

I am curious of one thing though, can a reholder work now? The seal is broken so that removes the grade guarantee, doesn't it?

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

I am curious of one thing though, can a reholder work now? The seal is broken so that removes the grade guarantee, doesn't it?

As long as there is no damage to the book itself or the inner well, a simple reholder would still be possible...  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

The seller said he would try to get some insurance for me, but when the PO insurance sees these pics won't they just say "Um... where's the packing protection?"

Correct. There has to be adequate packaging or the postal service will deny the claim. And this packaging is a long way from "adequate"...   :facepalm:

I agree with all those above who said send it back for a full refund, And for what it's worth, I would never buy any comic - slabbed or otherwise - from a seller with that feedback profile. I don't mind a low amount of feedback, but I like to see some feedback in the last 12 months and, hopefully, specific feedback re: shipping comics i.e. "perfectly packed!" or "comics arrived safe and sound."