• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet ANOTHER Ebay shipping fail.....
2 2

49 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, MR SigS said:

If the seller has more to sell, this is the best way for them to learn.

Much like the recent thread concerning a new buyer; It isn't the buyer's job to educate the seller (aside from returning an item) any more than it's the seller's job to educate the buyer.

This seller is selling another slabbed 9.8 ASM 700.  If any of you buy it MAKE SURE TO ASK FOR SECURE SHIPPING!

20 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think he's asking if it's possible? Which I dont think it is, the sealed mylar that the book is encased in also has the label encased, the slab being unsealed doesn't matter to my knowledge.

And barring all that, cgc would determine that it needs to be regraded if it waw all too far gone for sure (thumbsu

Thanks, yes that is exactly what I meant. I did not know the label was encased in the same mylar as the book, hence why I thought those seals were really the end all be all. 

2 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Thanks, yes that is exactly what I meant. I did not know the label was encased in the same mylar as the book, hence why I thought those seals were really the end all be all. 

No Problem :) 

As I stated after that, the newer cases the label is incased in mylar with the book, older labels maybe not, but older labels, the label IS encased in a different well than the book and mylar CGC would be able to tell if the book needs regrading for sure though ;) 

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

lol I NEVER ask for secure shipping.  I always feel it's insulting to the seller.  I find it insulting when the buyer sends a message saying "be sure to pack this securely for shipping! (tsk)".   My outgoing message reads "You got it, boss!".  My inner monologue is "This guy must think I'm a insufficiently_thoughtful_person!". 

If my feedback is littered with comments like "flimsy packaging" or the like, then sure, a gentle nudge is warranted.  But when my feedback is loaded with "fast/secure shipping" comments, don't call me a insufficiently_thoughtful_person, please.  :foryou:

Different strokes... :smile:

This drives me nuts as well, but I always send a polite, professional response, it's just part of doing business. I chalk part of it up to folks who don't look at feedback very closely and folks who've been burned before. There are always those sellers with high feedback but poor shipping practices who pull out the “I’ve shipped hundreds of books this way and never had a problem before” line when a package arrives wrecked.

19 hours ago, gadzukes said:

The seller said even though he is selling some comics right now, he's not a comic person and he had never mailed a CGC slab before and simply didn't think much about it.  Whatever..... I'm going to send it back and be done with it.

4 hours ago, gadzukes said:

This seller is selling another slabbed 9.8 ASM 700.  If any of you buy it MAKE SURE TO ASK FOR SECURE SHIPPING!

So, he doesn't know comics (or shipping them) but he suddenly has multiple expensive 9.8s?  ¬¬

Edited by Spidey 62