• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Asking advice: how do you deal with insisting eBay buyers
1 1

42 posts in this topic

I realize it's an old thread, but for the OP and anyone else: Block is your friend. If someone is too pushy, or I get a whiff that they are going to be a problem buyer, I decline the offer and block. It may seem rude, but it's worth saving myself the potential headache. There are always more buyers out there, if you have something worth buying and it's priced correctly. But then again, this is my HOBBY, not my business. I'm sure folks that deal for a living have to operate under entirely different circumstances, and god bless 'em. Good luck! But since this is my hobby, and hobbies are theoretically supposed to be fun, I try to nip problems in the bud before they have a chance to bother me.

On 4/13/2020 at 9:12 PM, F For Fake said:

I realize it's an old thread, but for the OP and anyone else: Block is your friend. If someone is too pushy, or I get a whiff that they are going to be a problem buyer, I decline the offer and block. It may seem rude, but it's worth saving myself the potential headache. There are always more buyers out there, if you have something worth buying and it's priced correctly. But then again, this is my HOBBY, not my business. I'm sure folks that deal for a living have to operate under entirely different circumstances, and god bless 'em. Good luck! But since this is my hobby, and hobbies are theoretically supposed to be fun, I try to nip problems in the bud before they have a chance to bother me.

Thanks. It’s not that old. In fact, the buyer just messaged me as he graded the most valuable books of the batch, and he scored the grade I stated with CGC – so I am pretty glad as I grade "by eye". :)
As a general rule, I never block online discussions of any kind. Unless there are very serious reasons, and if so you’re entirely right, as you would do the same in person – i.e. if someone becomes offensive and/or aggressive you immediately ignore him or call law enforcement. But not always “law enforcement” solves the problem, as it’s never an “ideal world”, so I prefer to deal with discussions, even if it may seem annoying when it’s not strictly “ a business”.

At any rate: many thanks to everyone, it’s been a good educational discussion.