• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New release CGC 9.8 services?
2 2

10 posts in this topic

I think he might be referring to guys like J scott Campbell who will guarantee a 9.8 SS for x dollars when it releases as they probably send a bunch of books as its releases to get slabbed. I've also seen this with a comic investment site and the books that come back 9.8 instead of the 9.9 or 10's usually sell for less but its all pre done with a guarantee or a refund I guess. 

1 hour ago, Krismusic said:

I think he might be referring to guys like J scott Campbell who will guarantee a 9.8 SS for x dollars when it releases as they probably send a bunch of books as its releases to get slabbed. I've also seen this with a comic investment site and the books that come back 9.8 instead of the 9.9 or 10's usually sell for less but its all pre done with a guarantee or a refund I guess. 

No, I read posts that some companies get you 9.8s of new releases. My research said Beachbum Comics is one but I don't see anything about on their page.

1 hour ago, eastcoaster said:
2 hours ago, Krismusic said:

No, I read posts that some companies get you 9.8s of new releases. My research said Beachbum Comics is one but I don't see anything about on their page.

beachbum definitely used to do this, although I'm not sure if they still do it (or are accepting new customers).  I think you should contact them either way, and if they're not doing it, they might be able to point you in the right direction.  Doesn't hurt.

18 hours ago, eastcoaster said:

I've heard of services that deliver CGC 9.8s of new comics as they're coming out. Does anyone have any they'd recommend? Thanks!

I have been offered that service by "A Place in Space" www.aplaceinspace.co.uk

You'll also find them on eBay.

I have not used the service, but I have bought 9.8 graded comics from them.

Hope this helps :-)