• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(CLOSED) JBPEZ Ides of March GOLD/SILVER Slab sale!! Ending on 3/15! Et tu, Brute? Avengers, X-Men, ASM, Showcase, Action comics, Schomburg GGA, ASM 28 7.0, Wings comics, PCH , Bondage, Headlights
9 9

151 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

Not the first person to sell a book for more than what they paid for it, it’s actually the objective of collecting yo. 

The objective of collecting is not about money. I believe many people on these forums would disagree with you. I have books from my childhood that I bought on our weekly LCS runs that have zero resell value. People collect because they like the stories, characters, art, nostalgia, etc.... Granted if you are in the business of reselling and speculating then yes the goal is to sell more than you paid for it. Collectors and Sellers/Speculators are not the same thing. Neither are wrong, one is for personal enjoyment and the other is for business purposes. Again...both are acceptable and to each his own. But they are not the same thing.

6 minutes ago, 956Ref said:

The objective of collecting is not about money. I believe many people on these forums would disagree with you. I have books from my childhood that I bought on our weekly LCS runs that have zero resell value. People collect because they like the stories, characters, art, nostalgia, etc.... Granted if you are in the business of reselling and speculating then yes the goal is to sell more than you paid for it. Collectors and Sellers/Speculators are not the same thing. Neither are wrong, one is for personal enjoyment and the other is for business purposes. Again...both are acceptable and to each his own. But they are not the same thing.

I think at my advanced age, that it is mostly OCD - I'm compelled to do it.  I'm sure I could have worse addictions...., and probably do.

34 minutes ago, 956Ref said:

Not meant to be antagonizing, just in jest. Like... the one that got away! But I can see how a PM would have been a better move.

Every board, forum, group, etc has it's own culture.  Just giving you a gentle cue on how we play here, as I see you're relatively new to the boards.  Welcome!

On 3/4/2020 at 7:15 PM, jbpez said:

X-Men 13

CGC 9.2

WHITE pages!!

2nd Juggernaut

Last two 9.2's went for $1265 and $1440

Steal it here...$1095!! :news: SOLD!! 

xmen 13 (2).jpg

xmen 13 b (2).jpg

xmen 13 back (2).jpg

Oh man, wish I was on the boards on wed. Been looking for a nice copy like this! 😭

36 minutes ago, mrd160 said:

My mother-in-law and I can’t wait 

Sorry - wrong thread :sorry: 

Edited by lizards2