• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Lee ECCC CGC Experience

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys!! So this is my first post and I am new to all of this. I’m actually looking for some guidance regarding some signatures I want to get for some of my books at ECCC! So I went ahead and already bought the Jim Lee CGC experience package and I emailed CGC to ask about how the signing works if I want to get one book signed multiple times by other artists. They said I need to find out who the facilitator of the experience is and so far I haven’t had any luck. Does anyone here know who is the facilitator of the Jim Lee experience at ECCC in a few weeks? Thanks guys! 

Jim Lee attended last years Washington Summer con. His "VIP" CGC package handlers were Godfather's Comics. During his signing Scott Williams and Alex Sinclair were part of the package. You couldn't add any other signatures since Lee's handlers were just there for Jim Lee's "VIP" package. CGC wasn't there at that con, just another facilitator and they were not working together to add any other artists. Godfather comics took your books from you as soon as they were signed.  I wanted to add Chris Claremont to my books, but that wasn't allowed. Luckily I didn't have Claremont sign first with the other facilitator, cause then it wouldn't have been authenticated.

Idk how ECCC will handle this signing since CGC will be there, but the whole "Jim Lee experience" is pricey. That doesn't include grading btw, so you're looking at around $100 per book after grading. If you never met him before it might be worth it. The time you get to be in front of his is very limited. You are just prodded along the cattle line to speed things up. Just a quick signature and no sketch

I did the Snyder/Capullo meet and greet at Cincinnati Comic Expo a few years ago, and Sharp Comics had a witness up at the signing. Had to follow him down to the show floor to put the books on my account/add more books to the invoice. (The thing was scheduled right as the doors to the con opened, so there was no way to get signatures beforehand.)

At the Conner/Palmiotti experience last year at Cincinnati Comic Expo, One Stop Comic Shop was the facilitator and was able to do the same thing to get Hardin added to one book. 

So it really just depends on the facilitator, maybe I just got lucky with who was doing these two? I'm honestly kind of shocked that CGC isn't doing it, especially since they hold private signings for Jim when they're at the same con.

Edited by austinhg
Formatting

Ahmed, as far as getting signatures for cons you can not attend I would recommend a facilitator here. Rich Henn is THHHHEEEEE BBBEEEESSSSSSSTTTT (DJ KHALED VOICE) . You have to do your homework a little bit as far as knowledge on where the artist are going to be and what days they are signing. For a fee, Rich will get your book signed and authenticated. He also offers pressing if you want as well. Check him out. What I really love is if you have ppl across multiple shows, he can get them over time and still submit for yellow labels. 

On 2/28/2020 at 11:18 AM, Ahmed Bhuvad said:

Hey guys!! So this is my first post and I am new to all of this. I’m actually looking for some guidance regarding some signatures I want to get for some of my books at ECCC! So I went ahead and already bought the Jim Lee CGC experience package and I emailed CGC to ask about how the signing works if I want to get one book signed multiple times by other artists. They said I need to find out who the facilitator of the experience is and so far I haven’t had any luck. Does anyone here know who is the facilitator of the Jim Lee experience at ECCC in a few weeks? Thanks guys! 

Looks like ECCC was cancelled.

Feel free to contact @Rich_Henn or @Par2ch to get your books signed by Jim Lee. These are 2 of the well trusted CGC facilitators here.