• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Market correction , will we see any effect on comics?
7 7

477 posts in this topic

On 3/20/2020 at 10:04 AM, 1Cool said:

Nice - glad they are doing well.  Those older books are tough to get in house so I tend to do a ton of business in copper and modern books - not so much this month.

i have been keeping an eye out on your stuff to see what you have listed. 

18 minutes ago, kidcolt said:

Seeing a lot of ebay auctions of items I was watching taken down, cancelled. With so many sellers that sell from comic stores closed and now postal issues I think online buying will take a hit for a while.

What are the postal issues?

36 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

A staff member at the provinces main distribution centre was positive for the virus. The entire centre is closed to be cleaned and they are testing all his/her coworkers. Entire provincial system shutdown just like that. As I said in another thread I live in an isolated area, my nearest comic store is 1000 lm. My comic collecting is done 100% online and through the mail, no mail = no comics for me.

Edited by kidcolt

3 minutes ago, kidcolt said:
39 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

A staff member at the provinces main distribution centre was positive for the virus. The entire centre is closed to be cleaned and they are testing all his/her coworkers. Entire provincial system shutdown just like that. As I said in another thread I live in an isolated area, my nearest comic store is 1000 lm. My comic collecting is done 100% online and through the mail, no mail = no comics for me.

Oh, Canada.  I'm not sure packages will be let across the militarized borders.

Just now, Wolverinex said:
42 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Oh, Canada.  I'm not sure packages will be let across the militarized borders.

Lizard what are you watching recently

I got that one from a post I watched by a suspected Canadian citizen, Lou Fine.

Generally, we've been using are stay at home time to watch a movie a day.  Siverado (good!) Black Panther (bad!) Hobbs and Shaw (barf - quit in the middle...,) Lord of the Rings extended version (stupendous!!!)

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

I got that one from a post I watched by a suspected Canadian citizen, Lou Fine.

Generally, we've been using are stay at home time to watch a movie a day.  Siverado (good!) Black Panther (bad!) Hobbs and Shaw (barf - quit in the middle...,) Lord of the Rings extended version (stupendous!!!)

Check out bloodshot!

On 3/25/2020 at 6:30 PM, RonS2112 said:

I've been at it for 45 years, and I get what you're saying.  But I think we've been here before.  Granted, we didn't have eBay and online auction houses in the early 90's, but if we did, I think it would look a lot like right now.

45 years for me as well. I bought my first comics off the newsstand in 1975 at the age of 5

This is gonna be a BIG test for the industry. No new comics coming out (hopefully resuming once the threat of the virus is over) and no new comic book related movies coming out OR in the making. If this correction will not break the spec/hype trend I doubt anything else will. But that’s a BIG if

On 3/28/2020 at 10:14 AM, Aweandlorder said:

This is gonna be a BIG test for the industry. No new comics coming out (hopefully resuming once the threat of the virus is over) and no new comic book related movies coming out OR in the making. If this correction will not break the spec/hype trend I doubt anything else will. But that’s a BIG if

I know. Lots of questions of what will happen..

TLDR:  So comic prices were unaffected by Covid. Instead it was bolstered and shot to new heights.  

Now we are now fighting the FED and their high interest rates.  How will high end comics fare against a recession?    A completely different beast from the short lived covid dip.  

I think this upcoming year will be tough as people have less disposable cash to throw into high dollar collectibles.