• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Trip If you went to the show please feel free to post your pictures as well!!!
3 3

149 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

I didn't know cereal boxes were the new thing !! ??

I might get the Garbage Pail Kids one. I saw some last year. Someone did say they taste good...could just be a sales thing.

8 hours ago, Raze said:

For the whiskey bourbon lovers! This shop has an awesome selection...didnt have what I wanted but I think I might get the Bowman Brothers at $37, unless I can find a bottle of Eagle Rare.

78EEA3AB-CC42-4A04-A1CE-84C5D714BC38.jpeg

7714DB90-E85A-4284-B85B-EB0615B52C31.jpeg

C2539B8A-0066-49F9-B257-0A96292C187A.jpeg

265411E8-640C-45D8-9D47-DDB6E62FFCFA.jpeg

124E9374-52B4-4801-9365-62F1BBCEAD27.jpeg

AFBB7A5B-C8CD-4DD5-9226-36FF403F3B1F.jpeg

28A08BD6-B659-44B3-BDEE-6D92FD1949D2.jpeg

Pick up the AD Laws 4 grain bottled in bond.  You won't regret it. 

@buttock Ive never spent more than $35 for a bottle and Im Real hesitant to do that. I just started going down the whiskey/bourbon thing And at the moment I can’t justify spending that much of money for something I’m not quite sure I’m going to like.

and if I’m not mistaking that bottle was between 55 and 65 I think!

thanks for the suggestion!

1 hour ago, godquest said:

Bourbon shop had nice selection. Bowman bros great juice for 37 bucks. saw they had the sherry cask Bowman too. good stuff.

Oh Yeah, great pics of comics too.:banana:

Like I posted right above, that bottle is probably out of my price range but again thank you for your suggestion as well!

3 minutes ago, Raze said:

@buttock Ive never spent more than $35 for a bottle and Im Real hesitant to do that. I just started going down the whiskey/bourbon thing And at the moment I can’t justify spending that much of money for something I’m not quite sure I’m going to like.

and if I’m not mistaking that bottle was between 55 and 65 I think!

thanks for the suggestion!

Then get the Larceny in the background!  Should be under $25 and never disappoints.  

Awesome Posts @Raze Looks like a healthy mix! Looking forward to more pics :headbang: 

You've got me excited for my con at the end of March, I will be doing one of these threads too :foryou: 

AND have a Happy Leap Year Day! lol You've got an "extra day at the con" hahaha!!

10 hours ago, Raze said:

For the whiskey bourbon lovers! This shop has an awesome selection...didnt have what I wanted but I think I might get the Bowman Brothers at $37, unless I can find a bottle of Eagle Rare.

78EEA3AB-CC42-4A04-A1CE-84C5D714BC38.jpeg

7714DB90-E85A-4284-B85B-EB0615B52C31.jpeg

C2539B8A-0066-49F9-B257-0A96292C187A.jpeg

265411E8-640C-45D8-9D47-DDB6E62FFCFA.jpeg

124E9374-52B4-4801-9365-62F1BBCEAD27.jpeg

AFBB7A5B-C8CD-4DD5-9226-36FF403F3B1F.jpeg

28A08BD6-B659-44B3-BDEE-6D92FD1949D2.jpeg

Wait - they had a liquor store in the middle of the Con?  Not sure if that is great or kind of sad - as a whiskey / bourbon drinker I'm leaning toward awesome!  Nobody was cracking open the bottles they bought and taking a quick swig?

9 hours ago, Raze said:

I thought you might like those!

Im having a OK time. I did meet a new board member David @Og King k00pa He was a nice guy and my friend from St Louis @mwotka came up as well, His GA knowledge is incredible!

I bought one book...but that will be posted in another thread hm so you will have to wait for that one. But I have my eye on a few things for tomorrow.

Dealer turn out was Ok in my opinion, feels like less dealers this year. As to prices, I think I might be priced out of my collecting goals (EC) at the moment. I saw a few FR-GD starting above what Im use to paying about thats how things go I guess. Other than the EC books I saw a guy buy a Batman 121 CGC 3.0 or 3.5 and another book for $1300. And it looked like dealers where doing ok!

@inapicklecomics said in another thread that they had a great day.

Thanks for the report. I hate hearing about rising EC prices. I do know they are always available. Just got to wait until the right copy comes along at the right price.

Has there been any talk of the Coronavirus there? Do you think it has affected dealer or fan turn out? I know I set up at Terry O’Neil’s show about a month ago. A few days later, I got a nasty cold for a couple of weeks. Must have been handling that ton of “dirty money” :roflmao:

WonderCon is coming up in about 6 weeks. They have not yet posted their exhibitors list yet. I know that at least three of my favorite larger dealers won’t be there. It doesn’t help it is on Easter weekend either. I think I heard there is another competing con either in the mid west or east coast. That won’t help matters either. I might just end up going to submit CGC books or picking the bones of the few dealers brave enough to show up. By then, this virus might be a lot bigger deal too. 

Have fun and score some “pretties”. 

12 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

That Two-Fisted cover would have an honored place in my comic room!

Me too Jack. Easily my favorite of the three. Way out of our league I’m afraid. It was out of my league when Russ originally auctioned it off so it’s all relative. 

I remember being at SDCC many years ago and saw the Vault 30 cover for sale. (Arm hanging in the subway). I stood there admiring it for a while, saw the 35K price and shuffled away...:sorry:

4 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Me too Jack. Easily my favorite of the three. Way out of our league I’m afraid. It was out of my league when Russ originally auctioned it off so it’s all relative. 

I remember being at SDCC many years ago and saw the Vault 30 cover for sale. (Arm hanging in the subway). I stood there admiring it for a while, saw the 35K price and shuffled away...:sorry:

For the Vault 30 cover, I bet you did some creative math before admitting defeat! 
As far as OA goes, I’m going to be content with what I have. A Kirby FF page was what drew me to OA in the first place.

Edited by KirbyJack

7 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

For the Vault 30 cover, I bet you did some creative math before admitting defeat! 
As far as OA goes, I’m going to be content with what I have. A Kirby FF page was what drew me to OA in the first place.

No, it was an easy decision. New car, VOH 30 cover? I didn’t get either. 

Besides, I knew when I got home with it I figured my wife wouldn’t let me hang it up in the living room. 

As I said, easy decision. 

Man, it was cool though. One of many of my favorite EC covers...