• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Void Message Indicates Tampering"?

8 posts in this topic

I'm freaking out right now. I took home my CGC witnessed bag of comics. I'm submitting it at the show tomorrow with another witnessed comic. I noticed in the blue label on the top of the bag, it says Void Message Indicates Tampering. Is this a declarative statement? Or did this appear somehow because something on the blue label sensed that I damaged the bag?

Why does it say, “Void message indicates tampering”? Is this always on the blue label on the CGC witness bag? Or did it appear because the bag was somehow damaged? I’ve been trying very hard to keep in safe. It’s been in a tote bag in my book-bag. I took it home with me because I didn't have every book that I was submitting at the con this weekend witnessed yet.

CGC Void wtf 1.jpg

CGC Void wtf 2.jpg

CGC Void wtf 3.jpg

4 hours ago, Urza216 said:

I'm freaking out right now. I took home my CGC witnessed bag of comics. I'm submitting it at the show tomorrow with another witnessed comic. I noticed in the blue label on the top of the bag, it says Void Message Indicates Tampering. Is this a declarative statement? Or did this appear somehow because something on the blue label sensed that I damaged the bag?

I don't understand why you would have taken witnessed comics to your home. It was my understanding that you were to turn them into CGC for grading at whatever show at which they were witnessed. Keep in mind that I'm no CGC expert, and I'm sure my position will be repudiated soon.

Edited by Joe Ankenbauer

3 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

I don't understand why you would have taken witnessed comics to your home. It was my understanding that you were to turn them into CGC for grading at whatever show at which they were witnessed. Keep in mind that I'm no CGC expert, and I'm sure my position will be repudiated soon.

This is the new-ish convention process. If the invoice is not closed they put comics in tamper proof bags and give them to you to keep until you are ready to close the invoice. This prevents cgc from having to pull books out of boxes and limits their liability during shows.

As to the OPs question I'm pretty sure this is standard messaging on the bag. Let us know what they say when you take it back though.

10 minutes ago, Avi said:

This is the new-ish convention process. If the invoice is not closed they put comics in tamper proof bags and give them to you to keep until you are ready to close the invoice. This prevents cgc from having to pull books out of boxes and limits their liability during shows.

As to the OPs question I'm pretty sure this is standard messaging on the bag. Let us know what they say when you take it back though.

Nothing can go wrong with that, I'm sure.

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

Nothing can go wrong with that, I'm sure.

It's annoying to have to carry them around instead of keeping them at the cgc booth for sure.

The bags are pretty secure and sturdy.

Booooooo