• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney's MULAN (2020)
1 1

48 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Grails said:

I paid $30 for my girls to see it in HD on Disney+ and now I see I could have bought it for $30 on iTunes in 4K with extras and kept it indefinitely. I just cancelled my Disney+ yearly subscription which expires next month. I realized the Mandalorian is the only must-see thing on the channel and I found a site where I can view it for free. Disney got enough cash out of me for the one year subscription plus $30 for a movie I will no longer have access to.

It really was a big misstep that made people feel tricked.

10 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It really was a big misstep that made people feel tricked.

And I don’t even care about exclusivity. I don’t care that Apple and Amazon get Mulan. It’s the fact that I paid a premium to get early access for my girls because Disney+ states Mulan will not be available until December 4 unless you opt for that Premier Access. It’s still listed that way on Disney+. Well, I may not be the brightest bulb but I’m pretty sure it’s not December. I would have preferred to purchase it last week on iTunes for the rental price I paid on Disney+. 

1 hour ago, Grails said:

I paid $30 for my girls to see it in HD on Disney+ and now I see I could have bought it for $30 on iTunes in 4K with extras and kept it indefinitely. I just cancelled my Disney+ yearly subscription which expires next month. I realized the Mandalorian is the only must-see thing on the channel and I found a site where I can view it for free. Disney got enough cash out of me for the one year subscription plus $30 for a movie I will no longer have access to.

I know the house of mouse is all about the all mighty dollar, but I think they may have did some harm to themselves here.  Seriously if you paid $30 (plus your $7 month sub fee) for Mulan to be able to watch it for like 48 hours, and then a month later you can buy it at Apple and other online places for $30 and keep it, that is going to off some of your sub holders, like Grails.  

I don't see Grails being the only one to cancel because of this.  Will it be enough of a dent to hurt Disney?  No, it won't, but that is bad business and the now have very little chance of getting some of these people back.

5 hours ago, media_junkie said:

I know the house of mouse is all about the all mighty dollar, but I think they may have did some harm to themselves here.  Seriously if you paid $30 (plus your $7 month sub fee) for Mulan to be able to watch it for like 48 hours, and then a month later you can buy it at Apple and other online places for $30 and keep it, that is going to off some of your sub holders, like Grails.  

I don't see Grails being the only one to cancel because of this.  Will it be enough of a dent to hurt Disney?  No, it won't, but that is bad business and the now have very little chance of getting some of these people back.

Once you pay the $30 you have it forever. Watch it as often and as many times as you wish

1 hour ago, Ares said:

Once you pay the $30 you have it forever. Watch it as often and as many times as you wish

You have it indefinitely as long as you keep paying the monthly fee for Disney+. If you choose to cancel for whatever reason in the future then Mulan is no longer yours. I’ve been weighing it before I canceled. I already owned all the Star Wars movies and my favorites from Marvel on iTunes. The Mandalorian was the only thing really keeping me there.

9 hours ago, Ares said:

7 hours ago, Grails said:

You have it indefinitely as long as you keep paying the monthly fee for Disney+. If you choose to cancel for whatever reason in the future then Mulan is no longer yours. I’ve been weighing it before I canceled. I already owned all the Star Wars movies and my favorites from Marvel on iTunes. The Mandalorian was the only thing really keeping me there.

I was going to share the same details. Part of what has set Disney+ subscribers off is they were originally told for the purchase and monthly fee, only you get Mulan on-going. Now that Disney has expanded the release out to other streaming providers, all they have to pay is the one-time fee and nothing else as iTunes, VUDU, Fandango, Google Play are all free portals (no subscription fee).

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

I was going to share the same details. Part of what has set Disney+ subscribers off is they were originally told for the purchase and monthly fee, only you get Mulan on-going. Now that Disney has expanded the release out to other streaming providers, all they have to pay is the one-time fee and nothing else as iTunes, VUDU, Fandango, Google Play are all free portals (no subscription fee).

That makes sense. id be pissed as well if I bought it. I am waiting until December for it to enter regular Disney+