• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 Annual March Madness CGC Grading Tournament - Seeding Round
6 6

254 posts in this topic

Grades are in!  I don't like the double cover thing. We cannot see all the covers, and the overall grade given by CGC is based on the highest graded cover if there are more than one.  In this case, if CGC actually did somehow miss this was a double cover and the slab grade is based on the condition of the outer cover then ok. But if its just a misprinted label and the graders did in fact take into account the double cover, how can we grade the book accurately? Hmm? HMMM??!?!?!#/  ap;skldjflasdjasdkfja

hehe  anyway, it's all fun . looking forward to seeing how badly I botched the seeding round books!

3 hours ago, speedcake said:

Grades are in!  I don't like the double cover thing. We cannot see all the covers, and the overall grade given by CGC is based on the highest graded cover if there are more than one.  In this case, if CGC actually did somehow miss this was a double cover and the slab grade is based on the condition of the outer cover then ok. But if its just a misprinted label and the graders did in fact take into account the double cover, how can we grade the book accurately? Hmm? HMMM??!?!?!#/  ap;skldjflasdjasdkfja

hehe  anyway, it's all fun . looking forward to seeing how badly I botched the seeding round books!

both interior and exterior cover grades are provided by CGC. We are only having to match the grade of the outer cover. This has been the way this contest has run since inception-- especially the use of double covers.

Not sure why you are so upset -  just grade the covers you can see and work with that. In the end-- this round has limited impact (for starters since it is merely seeding where you end up) and it is for fun. No need to stress out on it.

Edited by 01TheDude

51 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

both interior and exterior cover grades are provided by CGC. We are only having to match the grade of the outer cover. This has been the way this contest has run since inception-- especially the use of double covers.

Not sure why you are so upset -  just grade the covers you can see and work with that. In the end-- this round has limited impact (for starters since it is merely seeding where you end up) and it is for fun. No need to stress out on it.

I'm not upset! I hope my post didn't come across that way. I also forgot that all the covers are listed on the slab. :facepalm:  Just ignore me.

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

Hey, welcome back. Hope you are feeling better!