• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 Annual March Madness CGC Grading Tournament - Seeding Round
6 6

254 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, flashlites said:

That WW threw me for a loop!!! To it looked like someone took a belt sander to the cover? But it must have been printed like that?:insane:

Yeah, I had to look that one up as I thought there's no way someone would send in a modern in such poor condition otherwise.

9 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Did the WW trip anyone up? 

I have seen the cover before, and knew that it had the “distress” look, but one of the corners had the bad bindery tear that @flashlites mentioned. I thought I did well on the book.

Ill also add the following pic, to add to the top of the book, there was also the bottom right corner which seemed bent.

8AA7E156-6DCD-47FC-B2BF-A29D0895F3ED.png

Edited by Raze

I'll have to look at the few 9.8's I have because those corners on WW would never get above a 9.0 if I were a CGC grader.   New rounds of grades I tried a different strategy, I drank myself silly and hid my glasses.   I think I have a winning formula now.

11 minutes ago, AndyFish said:

I'll have to look at the few 9.8's I have because those corners on WW would never get above a 9.0 if I were a CGC grader.   New rounds of grades I tried a different strategy, I drank myself silly and hid my glasses.   I think I have a winning formula now.

Are you applying for a job?

Ugh - I basically undergraded everything except the 2 bullseyes.  The biggest flubs were the Avengers (had it as a 9.2 and it came back 9.8) and the Thor 337 (had it as a 7.5 and it came back 9.2).  The ASM 129 was tough but I couldn't go any higher then 2.0 with all that staining.  Maybe could see a 2.5 but I'd expect a return if I went 3.0 on that gem.

51 minutes ago, trmoore54 said:
13 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Did the WW trip anyone up? 

Wasn't aware of that book at all...gave it a 1.8...

Did you look at the back cover? :baiting: