• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identifying Frazetta Conan vintage art posters
1 1

28 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I just purchased 100 Frazetta posters / prints, and I don't know what they are.  They have no manufacturing printing anywhere on them.  They are printed on thick paper that has a canvas like texture that is not smooth like a typical poster.  The sizes are all over the place, but are generally poster size. Frazetta dated the original paintings from the 1960s into the 1990s. Does anybody know who printed them and what era they are from?

Thanks

IMG_9147.JPG

IMG_9148.JPG

IMG_9149.JPG

IMG_9150.JPG

IMG_9151.JPG

IMG_9152.JPG

Edited by Comicsarefun

Since they have no info on them i suspect they may have been printed on someone's printer using that type of paper forget what its called linen or something.

@oakman29

Edited by kav

Different poster sizes could be due to all printed on same size sheet but different image sizes came out different so trimmed on paper cutter.

8 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Pretty cool though.

Oakman heading for printer, I suspect.

These were purchased from an estate of a long time collector, and were in his possession for decades.  There were also many other vintage 70's posters and prints, some signed and dated.  I am aware of the cheap print by demand Frazetta stuff available and these are not that.  Heritage info leads me to believe they have some connection to Fairfax, but clearly not the posters available through Spencer's in the late 70's early 80's.  

5 minutes ago, wombat said:

Fairfax came rolled these appear to be flat also i do not believe the fairfax ones are on linen stock.

I have a collection of the rolled Fairfax editions in their original plastic sleeves. I think there were 15 different ones of those available at the time.  These are flat and were printed on much nicer paper. There are roughly 90 different ones (100 total) in this collection.  I also purchased bulk Frazetta 1977 calendars, and 1978 Star Wars calendars from the same people.  Along with a 1978 Frank Frazetta Schlitz Beer, Columbia County Fair Rodeo poster.  Everything they had was vintage.  I am just hoping I can figure out the exact origin of these!  

OK. so it definitely doesn't seem like the Fairfax prints. As stated that was only 15 prints and didn't include some of the ones you psoted. Checking the Frazetta Definitive Reference (which did list those 15) the only thing that seems possible is prints you could have ordered directly from the Frazetta Catalog. Unforutnately there are no dates or sizes listed. Other than that perhaps what kav said that they were printed by someone personally. 

IMG_2862.JPG

I believe the prints mentioned above had the standard copyright info printed on them.

You likely have a large collection of the canvas paper prints from 1970-1973. Beware that the canvas prints are available even today and are widely found online.

If they do not have the texture to them then they are the 1990's lithographs.

Edited by Artboy99

14 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Who cares where they came from. How much will they go for?

the 1970's original canvas ones can be valuable. An example is the Death Dealer, I have seen it sell for around $100 each to as high as $350

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

You likely have a large collection of the canvas paper prints from 1970-1973. Beware that the canvas prints are available even today and are widely found online.

If they do not have the texture to them then they are the 1990's lithographs.

They are definitely textured, with a canvas type finish.  Everything they owned was vintage, so I am pretty sure I have these are not modern knockoffs. Thanks you for your input.