• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a few Investment ideas for books to buy
1 1

53 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Bob Troub said:
On 3/4/2020 at 12:38 PM, Krismusic said:

can you get a Low grade Hulk 1 for 2K ?

Don't buy low grade books.....for investment purposes.....

Why not, especially in the case of HTF vintage collectible books since they have worked out perfectly fine from a percentage point of view during the past few years. (thumbsu

As compared to HG copies which don't often appear in the marketplace, and when they do (if ever), are well beyond the affordability range of virtually all collectors.  :frown:

On 3/3/2020 at 3:28 PM, Glassman10 said:

If you have a large position in the markets, I'm betting it's smaller than it was last week. 

I think legalized grass is a good bet. 

Various governments can't figure out how to tax grass and many grass places or going out of biz here in LA and it's back to the black market.They figured out how to tax booze but when it comes to weed, they over tax like crazy and a guy opening a shop can't make money, so.....

I'd buy a low grade She Hulk #1 and spend the rest on grass. I personally know there are many low grade She Hulk #1 out there cause back in the day when It came out I used to throw them across the room cause they sucked so bad. Look for low grade Team America #1, also.

Edited by NoMan

On 3/4/2020 at 7:44 AM, slym2none said:

I always love when people come here and basically say "Do all the work for me!"

:ohnoez:

-slym

We call that Heavy Lifting. As in, please do all the Heavy Lifting for me. I visit regularly at a nursing home just to talk to some of the folks who have no one to talk to. It helps me and it seems to help them, but boy do I have to do all the Heavy Lifting in those conversations. But, hell, least they got an excuse. Some of these guys helped put us into space working at JPL and now they can't tie their shoes. Life is a cosmic joke that ain't funny.

Edited by NoMan

3 minutes ago, NoMan said:

We call that Heavy Lifting. As in, please do all the Heavy Lifting for me. I visit regularly at a nursing home just to talk to some of the folks who have no one to talk to. It helps me and it seems to help them, but boy do I have to do all the Heavy Lifting in those conversations. But, hell, least they got an excuse. Some of these guys helped put us into space working at JPL and now they can't tie their shoes. Life is a cosmic joke that ain't funny.

Yeah, I know that feeling well, having an 81YO mom with dementia.

:(

-slym

im having an amazing time with my venoms.. id go for anything below around 90s and 1st print and diff country prints too..  but snag em and hold on   spawn is fun too

Edited by randilee

On 3/1/2020 at 1:54 PM, fishpaul said:

Much appreciated. I already have a large position in the stock market, but looking for some diversification outside the market, in something I can have more control over. Comics make it more fun because their tangible. I have a high grade Journey Into Mystery 83, and an FF1 in 7.0 condition both with blue labels. Would you recommend holding for now, or is the silver age Marvel market peeking and bubbly?

(worship)

On 3/1/2020 at 8:05 AM, fishpaul said:

What are some of your favorite ideas for books to purchase that are still within reach to buy today, that have the greatest potential for price appreciation over the next 2,3, and 5 years? My budget is between $500-$2,000 per book. 

kirby thors emphasis on 132-134.  incognito #1.  showcase 62 possibly.  

On 3/20/2020 at 12:50 PM, BaronSamedi said:

You'd probably have more of a chance in striking it big investing in paper mills then comics

The auto industry might be interesting, if they go to producing ventilators to ease the lack thereof in this and other countries RN due to the CoronApocalypse. IDK if it will help, but if people invest, then maybe they can avoid a gov't bailout. But it's a huge question mark. There is a great discussion about such things over in the Water Cooler in the "Gold has hit $500 an ounce" thread, if people are interested in the stock market and investing, it's a great read.

-slym

On 3/1/2020 at 10:54 AM, fishpaul said:

Much appreciated. I already have a large position in the stock market, but looking for some diversification outside the market, in something I can have more control over.

Sad to say, unless you pulled the pin already, I imagine your position in the stock market is a whole lot smaller than what it was a couple of weeks ago.  :tonofbricks:  :censored: