• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a few Investment ideas for books to buy
1 1

53 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Sad to say, unless you pulled the pin already, I imagine your position in the stock market is a whole lot smaller than what it was a couple of weeks ago.  :tonofbricks:  :censored:

Thing is, if you don't sell and everything bounces back (like it should - "should" being the operative word RN), then you lose nothing in the long run.

IOW, if you don't need to sell your stocks, don't.

-slym

6 hours ago, slym2none said:
10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Sad to say, unless you pulled the pin already, I imagine your position in the stock market is a whole lot smaller than what it was a couple of weeks ago.  :tonofbricks:  :censored:

Thing is, if you don't sell and everything bounces back (like it should - "should" being the operative word RN), then you lose nothing in the long run.

Yes, SHOULD being the definite operative word here.  Only problem is that it could take quite a few years as some financial advisors are telling their clients that it is a very different world that investors now find themselves in with entire countries closing down, global travel bans in place, border closures, most businesses shuttered down, huge unemployment in all sectors, etc. and nobody knows for how long.  :(

Or on the other hand, you could be like some of the so-called "highly placed lawmakers in our society" who apparently sold large portions of their equity holdings just before the Covid-19 stock market crash and are now in the "fortuitous" position of buying them back at bargain basement prices.  :mad:  :censored:

Or if it was me, picking up key and HTF classic GA cover books at hopefully relatively lower prices.  :bigsmile:  :takeit:

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Or on the other hand, you could be like some of the so-called "highly placed lawmakers in our society" who apparently sold large portions of their equity holdings just before the Covid-19 stock market crash and are now in the "fortuitous" position of buying them back at bargain basement prices.  :mad:  :censored:

image.jpeg

35 minutes ago, slym2none said:

Richard Burr makes me ashamed both to be a North Carolinian and a conservative (I am not an "R"), right now. He and all the others that did what they are accused of not only need be fired, but criminally charged.

Almost makes you wonder if these people in positions of power eventually got wind of a Military Intelligence report done up right at the beginning of January that apparently spelled out this exact same scenario which we are going through right now?  Especially when in real life, it was apparently playing out as laid out in the report.  hm

Of course, we all know what happens with Intelligence reports in this current environment if it's not on TV or streamed on social media............ignored and tossed out.  doh!  :censored:

Maybe it's so much better to talk about comics and think that super heroes like Supes or Spidey will come onto the scene to save everybody just in time.  :wishluck:  :applause:

Plus it'll definitely save be from getting another big Warning here and being booted of the boards here.  (tsk)

So, if you don't see me posting here for awhile, you'll know the reason why. :(

Edited by lou_fine

2 hours ago, slym2none said:

Richard Burr makes me ashamed both to be a North Carolinian and a conservative (I am not an "R"), right now. He and all the others that did what they are accused of not only need be fired, but criminally charged.

-slym

I wouldn't grab my pitchfolk just yet. The story sounds horrible but the truth may be far different. Lets see their trading statements for the last year. Its not that unusual for people to buy and sell a million dollars worth of stock in a month. If they can show their January sales fit in a year long pattern, it might not be a huge story. I've read that the California Senator is worth almost 100 million dollars. With that kind of money, making a million dollars worth of trades in a month is no big deal. Evidently, the Georgia Senator is also quite wealthy.

On the other hand, if those trades are way outside their normal patterns, light the bonfires.

On yet another hand, how can our leaders say with a straight face that no one saw this coming if they were dumping stock and telling others to.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:16 PM, slym2none said:

-slym

This is what I’m trying to do.. don’t need the cash but hard to see your profits and capital disappear each day 

29 minutes ago, Krismusic said:
On 3/21/2020 at 5:16 PM, slym2none said:

-slym

This is what I’m trying to do.. don’t need the cash but hard to see your profits and capital disappear each day 

At times like this, I say that I am just glad that a portion of my now retirement funds is locked up in vintage collectible comic books which certainly don't seem to be as volatile as the equity markets in times such as these.  (thumbsu

Of course, for other long term collectors like me, it was probably really more a stroke of luck than anything else.   Especially since I certainly never really truly believe they would have the kind of value that they do nowadays and was really only using that reason to rationalize purchasing them in the first place.  :whee:

On 3/1/2020 at 11:05 AM, fishpaul said:

What are some of your favorite ideas for books to purchase that are still within reach to buy today, that have the greatest potential for price appreciation over the next 2,3, and 5 years? My budget is between $500-$2,000 per book. 

What then is your TOTAL budget...as of today's date?

Edited by pemart1966