• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey...Help me out...

25 posts in this topic

I just went to Pensacon. I know I haven’t been in the comics biz for awhile but I saw a couple things that startled me. Some comics dealers were asking some remarkable prices for comics. Some examples:

Giant-sized X-Men #1 CGC 6.0 - $1300

Incredible Hulk #182 CGC 4.5 - $3200

Forever People #1 Raw (1st Darkseid on the sticker) - $330 (not sure the claim is right)

Detective Comics #411 Raw - $75

Spider-Woman #1 Raw - $60

Amazing Spider-Man #101 Raw - $550

These prices seemed to me VERY aggressive. And that was the same for all dealers at the show. Am I really out of touch with current prices?

Jim

Edited by awe4one

Were people buying at those prices?   There may lie some of the answer.  

I felt the same way a few years back.  A Bronze Age Inhumans #1 for $120 (probably a VF+),  Black Panther #2 and #3, $95 each.  

But I didn't see anybody pulling out their wallets. 

Forever People #1 is the 1st full appearance of Darkseid....

4.5 #182 for that much? naw

Some of the others seem fair, #411 for $75 seems the best deal.... (thumbsu 

15 minutes ago, awe4one said:

I just went to Pensacon. I know I haven’t been in the comics biz for awhile but I saw a couple things that startled me. Some comics dealers were asking some remarkable prices for comics. Some examples:

Giant-sized X-Men #1 CGC 6.0 - $1300

Incredible Hulk #182 CGC 4.5 - $3200

Forever People #1 Raw (1st Darkseid on the sticker) - $330 (not sure the claim is right)

Detective Comics #411 Raw - $75

Spider-Woman #1 Raw - $60

Amazing Spider-Man #101 Raw - $550

These prices seemed to me VERY aggressive. And that was the same for all dealers at the show.

Well, it's hardly unheard of for dealers to have high prices at shows, but...

15 minutes ago, awe4one said:

Am I really out of touch with current prices?

Jim

Probably. The current market is completely :censored: insane.

33 minutes ago, awe4one said:

How do you quote now?

Hit the button under the text that says quote, multiquotes I highlight it and right click and the quote function will pop up

1 minute ago, Senormac said:

You can ask whatever you want.  It's what you get that tells the story

It is tricky to multi quote, there is an easier way I think that's been shown, but I forget lol

I've always done the one way...

And quoting from different pages?

giphy-13.gif

There have been a few boardie collectors, returning to buying and posting after a few years, who have expressed the same shock and incredulity here. 

I put a few likes in the C2E2 thread, but glossed over the dealer pictures. I found looking at the prices to be a depressing and pointless exercise.

Not for me anymore.

Moving in the opposite direction to the OP, I guess.

Edited by Ken Aldred

36 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It is tricky to multi quote, there is an easier way I think that's been shown, but I forget lol

I've always done the one way...

And quoting from different pages?

Yea, I've pointed out to a few people, especially on an ebay ad, "yea, they are asking $1000, but is anyone paying $1000 " ?  Stuff is not worth what the asking price is :popcorn:

10 minutes ago, Senormac said:

Yea, I've pointed out to a few people, especially on an ebay ad, "yea, they are asking $1000, but is anyone paying $1000 " ?  Stuff is not worth what the asking price is :popcorn:

I dont know about all that, but related, I have an item on Ebay comfortably priced in cgc 9.6, 400+ views in 6 days, 7 watchers and it's a variant...... a 9.6 regular cover sold for $20 more already.....

Food for thought lol

Like do I have mine priced too low that it is throwing people off about their game :insane: