• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May the Force be with you! Star Wars Signature Series Thread!
7 7

438 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, reptilekingdie said:

Finally was able to post, help from Tristan Pence, RadicalMike and Lloyd Bailey

1-Prowse

2-Prowse, Bullock, McDiarmid

3-Prowse

4-Prowse, McDiarmif

5-Prowse, McDairmid no idea why it got a 9.2

6-Prowse

7-Prowse, Bulloch

8-Prowse

9-Prowse, no clue why a 9.0

443C0C60-B784-4217-A6B1-B6C9F5F185DA.jpeg

FE1818B4-5839-4F89-94CF-E7D743121632.jpeg

5C2E0B8C-C681-4F7C-898C-2866FAE6361D.jpeg

403D16AD-6FD2-4FC6-A8B7-C103CE7CF555.jpeg

F9FB68B5-006C-4FB2-9E42-CE63F6E56029.jpeg

8F2DA0B3-C049-4C7F-979E-27D218AA83BC.jpeg

1DF258BF-10C0-4B98-9B49-2C4801916AD8.jpeg

0CDD35BD-FDB3-43A5-8A20-7BA43B2028E5.jpeg

EAB4EBB3-03A5-46D3-B44A-3A67022282D9.jpeg

Wait!? What!?  Did you just sneak in a picture of a CBCS (am I even allowed to say that here) book on CGC's boards!?!  doh!  Ha Ha Ha...

Very nice books indeed!  And Triston, Mike & Lloyd are awesome!

On 8/9/2020 at 9:56 AM, OV said:

Snowtrooper by the great Dave Dorman!  :cloud9:

Dorman Snowtrooper.jpg

I love Dorman's Star Wars art so much. I've only got a tiny Han Solo head from an art book I had him sign at a show. Got to him too late for a commission. That sketch cover looks great. 

19 minutes ago, nriccijr said:

Just got this in the mail...could not be happier!!! Waited what seems like forever to get this done!! SO happy with the grade, placement & signatures!!

OAUSE.jpg.ef66a2dea5e7136b20e34f688b46f5c7.jpg

That's an amazing cover, and you're right about the sig placement. That's a beauty. Congrats!

2 hours ago, nriccijr said:

Just got this in the mail...could not be happier!!! Waited what seems like forever to get this done!! SO happy with the grade, placement & signatures!!

OAUSE.jpg.ef66a2dea5e7136b20e34f688b46f5c7.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!  Those are awesome signatures - and that is nice cover art!

Thanks for posting this book in this thread!  

8 hours ago, eee91 said:

Great thread. I'll post my most unusual CGC SS Star Wars book-

Colin Trevorrow was supposed to write/direct Episode IX: Duel of the Fates. He signed this book in June 2017, three months before he got taken off the project and replaced.

IMG_1511.thumb.jpg.648b6b5f1734c321e9953db4e6c7cbfe.jpg

That is for sure a unique Star Wars signature!  

10 hours ago, OV said:

Star Wars #63 was a pivotal book for me growing up.  I had a copy at my grandmother's house, and when we'd visit I'd find where I stashed it (hidden from all my cousins) and read and re-read as Luke partnered with Chewie to infiltrate an Imperial base shaped like a huge alien bug!  The issue has humor, drama, and it was great to see Luke partnered with Chewie for a change.  And Chewie is the hero too!  But the kicker was always the dynamic cover, by the great artist Tom Palmer.  I think this cover ranks near the top in terms of Vader versus Luke images.  And this was waaaaay back when it was just one SW book a month being produced.  Now, we are spoiled with multiple amazing SW covers every month.  So this cover always spurred my imagination.  

I was eventually able to get a copy signed by the great Tom Palmer and here it is!  (thumbsu He was the inker on the original Star Wars #1 too, so I was able to get him to paint an original Darth Vader on a blank comic.  It's one of my most cherished comics ever, and here it is as well.  :cloud9:

Vader signed.jpeg

Vader painted.jpeg

Awesome full figure sketch and congrats on SW #63!  And thanks for sharing that story!

On 9/20/2020 at 11:20 PM, OV said:

Star Wars #63 was a pivotal book for me growing up.  I had a copy at my grandmother's house, and when we'd visit I'd find where I stashed it (hidden from all my cousins) and read and re-read as Luke partnered with Chewie to infiltrate an Imperial base shaped like a huge alien bug!  The issue has humor, drama, and it was great to see Luke partnered with Chewie for a change.  And Chewie is the hero too!  But the kicker was always the dynamic cover, by the great artist Tom Palmer.  I think this cover ranks near the top in terms of Vader versus Luke images.  And this was waaaaay back when it was just one SW book a month being produced.  Now, we are spoiled with multiple amazing SW covers every month.  So this cover always spurred my imagination.  

I was eventually able to get a copy signed by the great Tom Palmer and here it is!  (thumbsu He was the inker on the original Star Wars #1 too, so I was able to get him to paint an original Darth Vader on a blank comic.  It's one of my most cherished comics ever, and here it is as well.  :cloud9:

Vader signed.jpeg

Vader painted.jpeg

Personal story + pictures of your treasures = pure magic. Those are awesome!