• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 14, FF Annual run and an interesting array of other books
4 4

38 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ivegotneatstuff said:

Fantastic Four Annual #1 CGC 6.0 SOLD

brand new case 03B25B89-435F-4A61-BFB4-DAE9D2D2B9B1.thumb.jpeg.753732a91e7994f7bdd5ab8a16c055ae.jpeg

SOLD per PM

Natlamp73.jpg  hm

1 hour ago, ivegotneatstuff said:
16 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Natlamp73.jpg  hm

ha I was thinking of this cover when i took that picture but I didnt have a gun handy lol

Check under the sofa cushions or I'll...., well, you know the drill
ShipMeRuppB.jpg

58 minutes ago, ivegotneatstuff said:

Fantastic Four Annual #6 I'm sending in to get graded as I think it has a stab at a 8.0 to 9.0 but I'm probably way off lol Here are the scans anyway

March130091.thumb.jpg.e6ff2518dee67a0a98a4121e178cf6fd.jpg

March130092.thumb.jpg.873ada7e79e12b0e9d877925431db6c2.jpg

You'd be surprised at how weird the grading is on those squarebounds.  I had a 9.0 I sold to a boardie, and he said it might be an 8.5 on a bad day, and a 9.0 on a good day, with the grader looking the other way.  He ended up submitting it, and it came back a 9.4.  

We were both :p , but he lol all the way to the bank after auctioning it.

Anyway, I can think of about 5-6 squarebounds that I have, which are still encapsulated, because there is no way they are in the grade stated on the label.  I'm actually hoping to find better copies, and dump them on some other poor unsuspecting CGC groupie.

4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

You'd be surprised at how weird the grading is on those squarebounds.  I had a 9.0 I sold to a boardie, and he said it might be an 8.5 on a bad day, and a 9.0 on a good day, with the grader looking the other way.  He ended up submitting it, and it came back a 9.4.  

We were both :p , but he lol all the way to the bank after auctioning it.

Anyway, I can think of about 5-6 squarebounds that I have, which are still encapsulated, because there is no way they are in the grade stated on the label.  I'm actually hoping to find better copies, and dump them on some other poor unsuspecting CGC groupie.

The deal with this book is there were/are so many manufacturing defects that they typically come back higher than their eye appeal.

2 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

The deal with this book is there were/are so many manufacturing defects that they typically come back higher than their eye appeal.

Ha exactly  I agree with you. I’m looking on heritage auctions at a bunch of 9.0 examples and I keep comparing them to mine thinking mine looks as good but definitely as good or better than the 8.0 examples but who knows I might get a 6.5 for all I know. 9.4 would be nice... and if I get that I’m going to ask Natalie Portman to leave her husband for me - because the odds of success are the same   😂😂

Edited by ivegotneatstuff

Price drop on FF Annual #2 to $240

Price drop on #3 to $90

Price drop on #4 to $15

Price drop on #5 to $50

BUY ALL 4 (#2, 3, 4 and 5) for $350 including shipping! If nobody buys within a couple hours I'm moving to eBay (assuming nobody has bought one of them individually first that is)

Edited by ivegotneatstuff

4 minutes ago, ivegotneatstuff said:

Price drop on FF Annual #2 to $240

Price drop on #3 to $90

Price drop on #4 to $15

Price drop on #5 to $50

BUY ALL 4 (#2, 3, 4 and 5) for $350 including shipping! If nobody buys within a couple hours I'm moving to eBay (assuming nobody has bought one of them individually first that is)

I’ll take them. All 4