• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 March Madness Grading Tournament Prize Thread
9 9

385 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Wipple said:

should I do a reveal?

sorry guys, I'm at work and can just check in every now and then. Sure please show :whee:

I was going to say it was 3.5 or higher (maybe)? but brittle pages, kills the grade. I believe they see it this way, with one tiny little bit of mishandling turning the pages, the page crumbles and then you have an incomplete book. 

Edited by flashlites

24 minutes ago, Warlord said:

I'm gonna be in so much trouble at home when this large box shows up... lol

I'm waffling on my pick like when I was trying to choose between 9.4 or 9.6 on that Omac #1! 

But I'm going for something that looks really cool and plays to my interest in SF -- I pick Prize #30   Fantastic Novels Pulp Lot of 18. Also a reader copy of Death of Captain Marvel Graphic Novel, Donated by TheGeneral

Thanks @TheGeneral!

:banana: Woo!!!

6 minutes ago, Shark said:

I was going to go for Tom's $100 in Paypal, but seeing that someone else in here needs it more than I do, I'm going to pick:

Prize #14  Azkaban mystery box 
Donated by Azkaban

If you can't beat 'em, take their comics!  :banana:

Who are  you referring to as needing it more?

6 minutes ago, Shark said:

I was going to go for Tom's $100 in Paypal, but seeing that someone else in here needs it more than I do, I'm going to pick:

Prize #14  Azkaban mystery box 
Donated by Azkaban

If you can't beat 'em, take their comics!  :banana:

Dang it! I was hoping the mystery box would last longer. 😭

I'll pick:

Prize #10   Random lot of cross publisher, cross era, cross condition books. US only due to weight, but will figure out another prize if the winner is from anywhere else   
Donated by shiverbones

Love the assortment of books in this prize!

2 minutes ago, Shark said:

Nobody specifically.  I'm retired now so this shutdown isn't hurting me as much as other people.  I'm just assuming there are other contestants here who could really use the money from any of the Paypal donations listed in here.  If I had taken Tom's $100 Paypal donation, I was going to use it to buy comics from an LCS through my Facebook comic group.

Now that is thinking about others which is awesome. <3

9 minutes ago, Shark said:

Nobody specifically.  I'm retired now so this shutdown isn't hurting me as much as other people.  I'm just assuming there are other contestants here who could really use the money from any of the Paypal donations listed in here.  If I had taken Tom's $100 Paypal donation, I was going to use it to buy comics from an LCS through my Facebook comic group.

Cool! I had thought it was something someone wrote that I missed.