• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 March Madness Grading Tournament Prize Thread
9 9

385 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Crops068 said:
  On 3/2/2020 at 12:06 PM, thehumantorch said:

Prize #17   2 Uncanny X-Men Hardcovers  (#1 collects #1-11 and 14-18. #2 collects 19-35, 600, annual 1, All New X-Men annual #1)
Donated by thirdgreenham

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prize #22  The Great Comic Book Heroes - 1977 paperback.    USPS to lower 48.  

Donated by doublej
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prize #23   Marvel Hardcover - Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born is still sealed.  It will be shipped to CONUS on my expense. Ship to Canada - please pay half of the shipping cost.
Donated by JollyComics

Here is what is currently left. :)

Edited by Crops068
Updated

Just now, thehumantorch said:
4 minutes ago, Motor City Rob said:

I'm surprised 33 lasted this long. Nice little set of books!

Agreed

It was on my list.  But 24 was third on my list where 33 was not first or second. ;)

5 minutes ago, Motor City Rob said:

Same here! You can’t beat some good readers! Certain stories and writers continue to surprise me. I can’t help but think of how our language today has been fostered by the comics we’ve read. 

Reading is beautiful however you do it!!! 

1 minute ago, SpideyFein said:

Same here! You can’t beat some good readers! Certain stories and writers continue to surprise me. I can’t help but think of how our language today has been fostered by the comics we’ve read. 

Amen, I love to curl up with a good book or comic

1 minute ago, SpideyFein said:

I have readers on my coffee table, randomly mini-me picks em up and starts reading through them.  But then I can't keep enough reading material for that boy.  Bought 8 new books in 1 week for him just recently.  He has read them all already.

Just now, Crops068 said:

I have readers on my coffee table, randomly mini-me picks em up and starts reading through them.  But then I can't keep enough reading material for that boy.  Bought 8 new books in 1 week for him just recently.  He has read them all already.

That’s a beautiful thing. I was never a big reader growing up, and reading Batman graphic novels in the library started me on reading again. To this day, if my son picks up a comic book (and any book for that matter) and wants me to read it, I am of course compelled to do so.

The power of books compels you! 
The power of books compels you! 

4 minutes ago, Crops068 said:
6 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:
10 minutes ago, Motor City Rob said:

Agreed

It was on my list.  But 24 was third on my list where 33 was not first or second. ;)

I never know when a prize will go.  Sure there are consensus high picks that'll never last beyond the first couple picks, but after that what goes when depends greatly on the tastes of who's picking.  One man's #2 pick may not be in the top 10 of 20 other guys.  That's why I appreciate all the prizes and can't thank you guys enough for your donations.