• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 March Madness Grading Tournament Prize Thread
9 9

385 posts in this topic

Issues 2, 3 and 4 of the Eternal's. Seems like an appropriate prize given all of the issues of Eternal's we have seen in the contest.

Issues 2 & 3  grade at about 7.0, and issue #4 I have graded as an 8.0.

I'm also tossing in $25 Paypal to sweeten the pot a bit.

Shipping is free to the U.S.  If  foreign address I will contact the winner and let him know what the shipping charge is.

scan0161.jpg

scan0162.jpg

scan0163.jpg

Edited by frozentundraguy

On 3/20/2020 at 10:59 AM, Shark said:

Well, let's help fix that.  I'll donate a 2nd prize in addition to the Human Torch slabs.  I have an extra copy of this great book - The Classic Era of American Comics.  230 pages worth of great reading and just like a Playboy magazine, great pics as well.  :)

IMG_20200320_104414109.jpg

IMG_20200320_105205067.jpg

IMG_20200320_105232958.jpg

I can vouch for this book. I have it in my little comic book library, it's a great book on the early history. It will make a great prize!

On 3/2/2020 at 10:06 AM, thehumantorch said:

Prize #17   Preacher #8 and #16 both CGC 9.8s - I think they are issues 8 and 24    Donated by 1Cool

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prize #19   I am shipping these from Chicago area will be expensive and will cover the first half in shipping cost and the rest of the person who picks this prize is responsible for the rest.
Donated by thirdgreenham

some errors to correct in the main list:

#17 -- the blurb about which books has been identified correctly to preacher 8 and 16 (shows #24 incorrectly)

#19 repeats a portion of the text from jollycomics submission regarding the expense of sending magazines and not what was written by thirdgreenham

the last entry seems cut off  (#23) and does not mention the donator.

@thehumantorch that was all I saw that seemed a little off though I did not go through all the entries or updates either

17 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

some errors to correct in the main list:

#17 -- the blurb about which books has been identified correctly to preacher 8 and 16 (shows #24 incorrectly)

#19 repeats a portion of the text from jollycomics submission regarding the expense of sending magazines and not what was written by thirdgreenham

the last entry seems cut off  (#23) and does not mention the donator.

@thehumantorch that was all I saw that seemed a little off though I did not go through all the entries or updates either

Thanks.