• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May Heritage Auction Really Shaping Up!
3 3

405 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I wonder if this page will get any interest.  I have heard there are a few oddball collectors out there that think it is kind of cool.

74384640-8D58-4A7F-9B59-00EAA3C8A00D.jpeg

$500k+?

1 minute ago, Timely said:

$500k+?

I can’t even imagine what the final hammer will be.  It is just so far beyond my means.  Will be interesting to watch.  Will a Hollywood star win?  Will Mark Zuckerberg be bidding?  A Russian Oligarch?  Or will it be one of the usual suspects hm

10 minutes ago, Timely said:

$500k+?

6 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I can’t even imagine what the final hammer will be.  It is just so far beyond my means.  Will be interesting to watch.  Will a Hollywood star win?  Will Mark Zuckerberg be bidding?  A Russian Oligarch?  Or will it be one of the usual suspects hm

At least now we know "why" the entire stock market sold off, this will be like Hulk versus Thor...WHO will win?!!!!

47 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

With the Hulk #180 page selling for $657k, this is on par IMO.  It's a better piece of art by a better artist, yet just about as historically important.

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

I wonder if this page will get any interest.  I have heard there are a few oddball collectors out there that think it is kind of cool.

Holy $&!+   (worship)   Sky's the limit I say.

Seeing this amazing piece, it clearly inspired the Marvel Team-up Ann 1 splash published the following year... Wolverine-Storm-Nighcrawler-Banshee positioned in same four corners with Cyclops and Phoenix replacing Apache and Sunfire, plus that spidey fellow.

h1hyif1l_2002142313111.jpg 

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

It's always one of the usual suspects.  Usually the most usual of the usual suspects. hm 

1 hour ago, Timely said:

With the Hulk #180 page selling for $657k, this is on par IMO.  It's a better piece of art by a better artist, yet just about as historically important.

It is indeed an amazing piece of artwork and will sell in the 5 figures for sure  

Unfortunately, it is a stat. I’m told there is no art on the page.  

15 minutes ago, JoeBruin said:

It is indeed an amazing piece of artwork and will sell in the 5 figures for sure  

Ah, OK.  Thanks, Joe.  

Kind of like the stat version of the cover that someone posted on Facebook last year:

GSXMstat.jpg.a07995278c8a39eae7247ff6ddfd4dd1.jpg.795a25f2c56762ef7cb46e8e315e2112.jpg

Still cool, but, not as cool. :cool: 

Edited by delekkerste

4 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Thats pretty.... link to ha.com 

Edited by tfish1

3 hours ago, JoeBruin said:

Oh man.  Talk about a buzz kill.  Wonder where the actual art is and what sort of condition it's in? I'm sure the stat was originally created to reposition/resize the art.

7 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

Oh man.  Talk about a buzz kill.  Wonder where the actual art is and what sort of condition it's in? I'm sure the stat was originally created to reposition/resize the art.

Underneath ? I don’t know it, but could be, right ?