• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May Heritage Auction Really Shaping Up!
3 3

405 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I wonder if this page will get any interest.  I have heard there are a few oddball collectors out there that think it is kind of cool.

74384640-8D58-4A7F-9B59-00EAA3C8A00D.jpeg

Bah!  Those new X-Men are just a fad!  

16 hours ago, GreatEscape said:

Holy $&!+   (worship)   Sky's the limit I say.

Seeing this amazing piece, it clearly inspired the Marvel Team-up Ann 1 splash published the following year... Wolverine-Storm-Nighcrawler-Banshee positioned in same four corners with Cyclops and Phoenix replacing Apache and Sunfire, plus that spidey fellow.

h1hyif1l_2002142313111.jpg 

Yeah, but with the Sal B artwork, I think this page will go for 100X whatever that GSX page goes for.

16 hours ago, delekkerste said:

It's always one of the usual suspects.  Usually the most usual of the usual suspects. hm 

Any chance the usual suspects have lost their shirts in the MARKET CRASH?

2 minutes ago, grapeape said:
7 minutes ago, tth2 said:

Bah!  Those new X-Men are just a fad!  

I don’t know, they said the same thing about Rob Liefield and look at him today...:facepalm:

The only one of those new-fangled X-Men that has any potential is that Thunderbird character!  I see him becoming a big star and having lots of spin-off titles and solo movies!

1 hour ago, tth2 said:

The only one of those new-fangled X-Men that has any potential is that Thunderbird character!  I see him becoming a big star and having lots of spin-off titles and solo movies!

giphy.gif

Edited by Bronty

3 minutes ago, Bronty said:

giphy.gif

LOL I never thought of it that way, but Marvel was trying to branch out after I assume all original X-men were white Americans.

New X-men were African, Canadian, native American, Russian, German, Japanese, Scottish.

At least 4/7 made the cut and were popular.

On 3/14/2020 at 9:46 AM, Twanj said:

LOL I never thought of it that way, but Marvel was trying to branch out after I assume all original X-men were white Americans.

New X-men were African, Canadian, native American, Russian, German, Japanese, Scottish.

At least 4/7 made the cut and were popular.

Banshee is Irish :gossip: 

1 hour ago, delekkerste said:

Banshee is Irish :gossip: 

How do people still get that wrong?????   

"Here's Scotland, Here's Ireland, Here's the BLOODY SEA!!"

Got an interesting email from Heritage today. This snip from the email interested me the most - “Despite all obstacles, Heritage will strive to further widen the gap in Online convenience and service to our clients. We have taken in over $80 million in consignments and advanced or lent our clients over $30 million during the past 2 weeks, often with minimal advance notice. Just a few days ago, even as the financial panic escalated, our long-time primary lender (Wells Fargo) seamlessly increased our credit facility from $50 million to $75 million, so we have plenty of additional availability for cash advances to help our consignors in need of immediate funds.”

80 million in consignments ? Guessing not all art and comics but it seems that it’s beyond what they are used too.

Anyone else get this?

25 minutes ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

Got an interesting email from Heritage today. This snip from the email interested me the most - “Despite all obstacles, Heritage will strive to further widen the gap in Online convenience and service to our clients. We have taken in over $80 million in consignments and advanced or lent our clients over $30 million during the past 2 weeks, often with minimal advance notice. Just a few days ago, even as the financial panic escalated, our long-time primary lender (Wells Fargo) seamlessly increased our credit facility from $50 million to $75 million, so we have plenty of additional availability for cash advances to help our consignors in need of immediate funds.”

80 million in consignments ? Guessing not all art and comics but it seems that it’s beyond what they are used too.

Anyone else get this?

If I did I didn't pay attention to it, but 80m in consignments in two weeks has got to be about double the normal volume.   If they sell 1b worth of material a year as I've seen mentioned, a typical two week period should be around 40m