• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May Heritage Auction Really Shaping Up!
3 3

405 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

Am I crazy? I was following a bunch of art for awhile that had the live bidding scheduled for 4/10 but now when I go down the list the majority of them have started with the live bid on 4/24 or even 5/2. 

Is this normal or are they trying to wring more money out of people?

The auction was always scheduled for late April and early May.   The 4/10 date was the scheduled start of bidding.   Thry started that a little early, 4/8 or so.   Once that starts the start date is no longer relevant so without checking it I would guess the dates you’re seeing are now the end of internet bidding 

2 hours ago, Bronty said:

The auction was always scheduled for late April and early May.   The 4/10 date was the scheduled start of bidding.   Thry started that a little early, 4/8 or so.   Once that starts the start date is no longer relevant so without checking it I would guess the dates you’re seeing are now the end of internet bidding 

Ah, that makes sense. I appreciate the clarification!

36 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

Only 500 original art in the auction that is a drop of 20-25% usually see 600-700 pieces.

this is a 5th signature auction that was inserted into the lineup.

The comiclink focussed auction starting tonight is smaller than normal unless more page go up tonight.  I only count 6 pages.  The last few it has been ~15 pages.

Malvin

2 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Fear of low bids

Do you know this for a fact? I haven't seen any evidence of lower art prices and the consignments for the auction that are live now would have occurred before everything shut down.

Malvin

1 hour ago, malvin said:

Do you know this for a fact? I haven't seen any evidence of lower art prices and the consignments for the auction that are live now would have occurred before everything shut down.

Malvin

The current HA auction has 1287 lots, I thought they were in the 1300 to 1500 range typically so maybe this one is a little less but not significantly.  There is a ton of decent stuff in this auction.  I was contacted by Heritage by phone and email saying I buy from them but haven't sold anything in a long time which I thought was interesting.  It is the 1st time they have ever called me.

5 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Given how early we are in the HA auction, I think things are off to a pretty strong start for OA and comics.

I agree.

Decades on, and I'm still waiting for the sky to fall.

8 hours ago, malvin said:

Malvin

Note my comment below about one thing I bought. My other half likes Brenda Starr (what can I say?), and I thought a set of 3 strips sold on the low side. The world is not collapsing, but I think it is on a diet.

On 4/10/2020 at 8:22 PM, batman_fan said:

The current HA auction has 1287 lots, I thought they were in the 1300 to 1500 range typically so maybe this one is a little less but not significantly.  There is a ton of decent stuff in this auction.  I was contacted by Heritage by phone and email saying I buy from them but haven't sold anything in a long time which I thought was interesting.  It is the 1st time they have ever called me.

me too. they called and emailed, trying to see if i wanted to consign something again. i found it interesting/ overeager.

On 4/11/2020 at 11:22 AM, batman_fan said:

Really bad timing on their decision to expand the number of auctions.  They would've struggled to find enough quality items to fill their expanded Signature Auction schedule as it was, but now with the epidemic it's going to be much harder.

9 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

me too. they called and emailed, trying to see if i wanted to consign something again. i found it interesting/ overeager.

Interesting that they are out there calling people but I cannot get any straight answers from them! (I had one piece left over from prior consignment due to non-payment and getting clear info about using that consignment money for credit). It seems they email me with useless info and ignore answering my questions entirely, just trying to be done with me as quickly as possible to go solicited items from others I guess. Funny thing is I was ready to consign another $25K worth of stuff but this hiccup is so annoying I am holding off!!!

1 hour ago, cstojano said:

I got an email and call as well. They must be desperate. 

I dunno.   I would guess they are thinking some percentage of their consignor pool May be hard up for cash right now