• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May Heritage Auction Really Shaping Up!
3 3

405 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Michael Browning said:

The Amazing Spider-Man 150 cover sold for far less than the asking price when it was for sale on Freshlybakedcollectibles, didn't it? I thought he was asking $150,000 for it. I know I tried for it a couple years ago and he wouldn't budge from the asking price. I felt like many of the prices on some of the big pieces were low.

Thought that price was ridiculous x3.  I thought what it hammered at was pretty strong given it was Kane (no offense to Kane lovers but the ranking is Ditko > Sal Buscema > Romita > Kane).

27 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Thought that price was ridiculous x3.  I thought what it hammered at was pretty strong given it was Kane (no offense to Kane lovers but the ranking is Ditko > Sal Buscema > Romita > Kane).

There you go speaking the un-speakable one’s name again. That’s five “Our Kirby’s” and three “Hail Stan Lee’s” for blasphemy, young man. 

Edited by zhamlau

2 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

There you go speaking the un-speakable one’s name again. That’s five “Our Kirby’s” and three “Hail Stan Lee’s” for blasphemy, young man. 

am rubbing a CGC case while I say them !I

49 minutes ago, Michael Browning said:

The Amazing Spider-Man 150 cover sold for far less than the asking price when it was for sale on Freshlybakedcollectibles, didn't it? I thought he was asking $150,000 for it. I know I tried for it a couple years ago and he wouldn't budge from the asking price. I felt like many of the prices on some of the big pieces were low.

Agreed.

9 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

Loved that Starlin/Janson Capt Marvel page.  Price reflected where this market is right now.

It's a great image of Thanos, and another smaller very good image of Thanos.

7 hours ago, jaybuck43 said:

So it seems that Covid-19 and 30 million unemployed people have had no effect on the comics/comic art market?  I am shocked at how strong these prices have been.

Where's the bloodbath?  I was promised a bloodbath!

Why don't these bidders read the "$500 Gold Thread" in the Water Cooler?!  

5 hours ago, Foolkiller said:

There was a lot of art that I really liked in this auction but of the super pieces I was only able to score the Starlin piece, which I really liked.  I bid on some others but had the kicked out of me on most stuff.  

That's the piece I stayed up for live bidding for the first time in ages.

Thanks Brian. :censored:

3 hours ago, ThothAmon said:
3 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Sal Buscema > Romita >

Sal before Romita. Really?

Sal before everybody!

Didn't you get the memo?! :makepoint:

Strong prices:

- BWS XM cover: historical et al, yet it is not really clear what is happening on that cover

- Romita ASM twice up splash:  ok, I will be in the minority here, the layout is fantastic but the inks feel a bit shallow on that one

- Perez Infinity Gauntlet: has become historical, and yet I would have thought the characters facing away from the viewer would detract from the prices...wrong!

Sounds about right:

- Starlin, Brunner, Wood and Cockrum (with the Wood splash being the best piece in the auction visually, IMHO - so elegant)

Best buy:

- M Rogers Dr Strange cover: looks absolutely spectacular 

7 hours ago, Carlo M said:

Strong prices:

- BWS XM cover: historical et al, yet it is not really clear what is happening on that cover

- Romita ASM twice up splash:  ok, I will be in the minority here, the layout is fantastic but the inks feel a bit shallow on that one

- Perez Infinity Gauntlet: has become historical, and yet I would have thought the characters facing away from the viewer would detract from the prices...wrong!

Sounds about right:

- Starlin, Brunner, Wood and Cockrum (with the Wood splash being the best piece in the auction visually, IMHO - so elegant)

Best buy:

- M Rogers Dr Strange cover: looks absolutely spectacular 

You know, I agree with you on the Doctor Strange 49 cover -- a number of folks told me that they thought it was a subpar cover and that Rogers wasn't as desirable for a lot of folks.  I took a longer look at the image, and while I still love it, the hands and forearms do a look a bit of proportion, and when it crept up I sort of backed off on it.  That said, it's an awesome image and you're probably right about it.