• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May Heritage Auction Really Shaping Up!
3 3

405 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Foolkiller said:

You know, I agree with you on the Doctor Strange 49 cover -- a number of folks told me that they thought it was a subpar cover and that Rogers wasn't as desirable for a lot of folks.  I took a longer look at the image, and while I still love it, the hands and forearms do a look a bit of proportion, and when it crept up I sort of backed off on it.  That said, it's an awesome image and you're probably right about it.  

Agree with you 100%.  

Thought it was a spectacular cover, until I saw exactly what you did.

12 hours ago, Carlo M said:

Best buy:

- M Rogers Dr Strange cover: looks absolutely spectacular 

It's a great looking cover. Is the "Best Buy" label because of the image itself? Where's the market on Rogers Doctor Strange? Seems VERY strong as a final top bid relative to what's come before. 

On 3/4/2020 at 11:43 AM, Sideshow Bob said:

The Zeck SSM #131 cover sold for $33k at HA in Nov 2017. This is obviously a better cover, but is it double? I had it pegged around $40k - 50k. Given that SSM #132 sat at $60k for that long, between the two seems about right. But we've seen plenty of pieces languish on a dealer site only to get wrapped up higher with bidders caught up in auction fever. 

Hammer at $43k, with BP $51,600. 

Congrats to the new owner! 

WOW!!!   :flipbait:

$24K for the Vampirella #41 Cover Painting by Enric 

Closest was Vampirella #36 back cover going for $20K a few years ago.

Most of the Enrics go frm $8K-15K

Edited by Brian Peck

On 3/4/2020 at 8:43 AM, Sideshow Bob said:

The Zeck SSM #131 cover sold for $33k at HA in Nov 2017. This is obviously a better cover, but is it double? I had it pegged around $40k - 50k. Given that SSM #132 sat at $60k for that long, between the two seems about right. But we've seen plenty of pieces languish on a dealer site only to get wrapped up higher with bidders caught up in auction fever. 

You are right. editing my original post got SSM numbers mixed up with WOS number

Edited by Brian Peck

I'm pretty surprised at the price results I've seen thus far. I thought a down stock market would depress prices, but it looks to me like prices are through the roof.

Edited by KingOfRulers

Wow, the Tim Sale Batman pages surprise me.  The first one (Issue 5 page 9) is an A+++ panel page (and more of a half splash) but almost 10K I think surpasses even recent splash page sales.  The second page (issue 5 page 10) is also an A++ page and finished a healthy $7.8K

I'm lucky I already have great examples as I wouldn't be buying at these prices!

Malvin

Just now, malvin said:

Wow, the Tim Sale Batman pages surprise me.  The first one (Issue 5 page 9) is an A+++ panel page (and more of a half splash) but almost 10K I think surpasses even recent splash page sales.  The second page (issue 5 page 10) is also an A++ page and finished a healthy $7.8K

I'm lucky I already have great examples as I wouldn't be buying at these prices!

Malvin

Yeah, i was eyeballing those pages as well.  Nice to see Timmy getting some love!

21 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

I think SSM #131 is better than SSM #132. With the perspective and the city plus being a cliffhanger cover. I prefer it over #132.

Are you talking about Web of Spiderman #31?

image.png.f2fc0a005568218d968b297204ca33e8.png

12 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

Are you talking about Web of Spiderman #31?

image.png.f2fc0a005568218d968b297204ca33e8.png

Ya I got them mixed up. I do agree with you SSM #132 is much better than SSM #131

Edited by Brian Peck

I thought I had a shot.

two great Colan DD 27 pages featuring Spider-Man. I focused on the page 12....hammered $19,800. I didn’t have enough bid bullets.

I was hoping half that....

page 11 (no slouch) went for $12,000

Encouraging sales for consignors and as mentioned a few higher priced items selling for less the second time around.

🍇 + 🦍 

Peanuts stuff was all over the map. Just a note, nothing coming home with me.

Lil Folks was pretty strong in my opinion.  I haven’t seen one in auction for a real long time.  This one had two great scenes in it.

1955 Lucy strip, this one was the sleeper and I am kicking myself for not bidding one more time.less than 20k for a 1950s strip is pretty good.

1956 Sunday.  hammered at $90k and I thought it was a bit weak for the content but the price definitely wasn’t weak.  

1959 Daily Charlie Brown and Snoopy. Hammered at $22.8k.  A little under what I thought it would go for.

16 minutes ago, robert frey said:

how about the giant size x-men 1 page price of 17.5k + BP?

What's that per square inch of actual ink on that page? 

35 minutes ago, grapeape said:

I thought I had a shot.

two great Colan DD 27 pages featuring Spider-Man. I focused on the page 12....hammered $19,800. I didn’t have enough bid bullets.

I was hoping half that....

page 11 (no slouch) went for $12,000

Encouraging sales for consignors and as mentioned a few higher priced items selling for less the second time around.

🍇 + 🦍 

These are two very nice pages, both must be nice in person at twice up size.  They seemed pretty similar to me, anybody has a sense as to why the price difference?

I thought the ASM #123 page would have gone higher ($14.4K w the juice)...AM has a page from the same book (IMO the heritage page was nicer and signed by both SL and JR sr) priced at $19K

asm123page.jpg

Edited by g-man

7 minutes ago, glendgold said:

Doesn't that equation involve dividing by zero?

I saw an episode of Star Trek where they tried that.....

dividebyzero.gif.a074ff86a0c69c4854a0edae4d11a7c2.gif

Zeck G.I. Joe #25 cover sold for a solid price of $21,000.  I think it's one of the top 5 covers in the series, but it was too far out of my price range to consider bidding.  

18 minutes ago, Mickey7 said:

Zeck G.I. Joe #25 cover sold for a solid price of $21,000.  I think it's one of the top 5 covers in the series, but it was too far out of my price range to consider bidding.  

I bid a lot on it but lost. That was the one I really wanted as it was one of the first comics I had as a kid. So sad to see it pass me by. :(