• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May Heritage Auction Really Shaping Up!
3 3

405 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

True, but I thought some of the early estimates of this piece were crazy high as there are a ton of Frankenstein plates that are superior to this one.  That said, 240k is still a mighty impressive number.

Still limited number of plates. Even people wanting to own just one example limits the pool.

1 minute ago, jaybuck43 said:

So it seems that Covid-19 and 30 million unemployed people have had no effect on the comics/comic art market?  I am shocked at how strong these prices have been.

What percentage of the winners are putting art into HA auctions to help pay off their winnings?

6 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

$43K for the Red Sonja #1 cover

Gene,

You need to up the price you are asking for Marvel Feature #2 cover or put it in the next HA!!!

But don't you know that people that post here and on CAF never make it big at HA. 

They either lose their shirts or break even across their 2 dozen consignments.

2 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

$43K for the Red Sonja #1 cover

Gene,

You need to up the price you are asking for Marvel Feature #2 cover or put it in the next HA!!!

The $43K sale price didn't even get the #1 back to where it sold in 2015!  Too much Thorne art has hit the market since then.  I would have paid $50K at a minimum for the #1 five years ago (it was pre-sold at a slightly lower price before I even heard about the sale), but, I've gotten examples I like better since then, so, no interest this time around. 

I think my Marvel Feature v. 2 #6 cover is a much stronger example art-wise (the #1 lacked wall power to me when I saw it in person; there were actually several covers from the Thorne run that looked better to me), but, the #1 cover is iconic and very memorable, of course.    

1 minute ago, cstojano said:

But don't you know that people that post here and on CAF never make it big at HA. 

They either lose their shirts or break even across their 2 dozen consignments.

Whenever I consign something, I never get a result like the X-Men #55 cover. :( 

All my results end up looking like the Strange Tales #117 page 5 that sold today, where the consignor took a bath and a half. :eek: 

4 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

The $43K sale price didn't even get the #1 back to where it sold in 2015!  Too much Thorne art has hit the market since then.  I would have paid $50K at a minimum for the #1 five years ago (it was pre-sold at a slightly lower price before I even heard about the sale), but, I've gotten examples I like better since then, so, no interest this time around. 

I think my Marvel Feature v. 2 #6 cover is a much stronger example art-wise (the #1 lacked wall power to me when I saw it in person; there were actually several covers from the Thorne run that looked better to me), but, the #1 cover is iconic and very memorable, of course.    

I agree I like your Marvel Feature #6 cover. Plus you owned it before the flood of Thorne art. 

9 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

I am waiting for the Marvel Feature #2 cover to appear on the market. Not to purchase it just to see what the price is and if it would ever sell.

1 hour ago, jaybuck43 said:

So it seems that Covid-19 and 30 million unemployed people have had no effect on the comics/comic art market?  I am shocked at how strong these prices have been.

When you're rich but you're stuck in your house, you can't have much fun with your sports franchise, but you can fully enjoy the art on your wall.  

There was a lot of art that I really liked in this auction but of the super pieces I was only able to score the Starlin piece, which I really liked.  I bid on some others but had the kicked out of me on most stuff.  

42 minutes ago, Foolkiller said:

There was a lot of art that I really liked in this auction but of the super pieces I was only able to score the Starlin piece, which I really liked.  I bid on some others but had the kicked out of me on most stuff.  

Which Starlin piece?

The Amazing Spider-Man 150 cover sold for far less than the asking price when it was for sale on Freshlybakedcollectibles, didn't it? I thought he was asking $150,000 for it. I know I tried for it a couple years ago and he wouldn't budge from the asking price. I felt like many of the prices on some of the big pieces were low.