• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May Heritage Auction Really Shaping Up!
3 3

405 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Timely said:

Mine too! :grin:

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Time to get to work and figure out what we deserve for our present !

How about settling for not getting COVID-19. 

giphy.gif

I’ve been selling a lot in the weekly auctions in the last month, I’ve been pretty happy overall. I don’t understand this market sometimes, it never zigs when I think it should.

24 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

I’ve been selling a lot in the weekly auctions in the last month, I’ve been pretty happy overall. I don’t understand this market sometimes, it never zigs when I think it should.

How do the weekly auctions do for sellers? I had several pieces I thought were going signature head to the weekly auction the same week as the signature. Should I prepare to be disappointed?

3 hours ago, pkveronese said:

How do the weekly auctions do for sellers? I had several pieces I thought were going signature head to the weekly auction the same week as the signature. Should I prepare to be disappointed?

It really depends. I’ve seen better results on some times in weekly when they are Of the right price point. It’s sporty but traditional marvel and DC hero work from the lettered era seems to do well there for me.

8 hours ago, pkveronese said:

From my perspective, the Signature auctions tend to be more expensive. Since I won’t spend big money on this stuff, I look at the Signature Auctions but buy at at the weeklies.

I've spent more (double) in a weekly auction and less during a Signature one.

In the end, you have your search results & you want what you want.

In Signature auctions, I'm tracking 2-3 pages of stuff that's cool, but I'd only possibly bid on maybe 5 things.

Weekly auctions, I'm watching less than a page of stuff & would only go for 2-3 tops but usually 0 or 1. So maybe attention is less divided during a weekly.

Am I crazy? I was following a bunch of art for awhile that had the live bidding scheduled for 4/10 but now when I go down the list the majority of them have started with the live bid on 4/24 or even 5/2. 

Is this normal or are they trying to wring more money out of people?

52 minutes ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

Am I crazy? I was following a bunch of art for awhile that had the live bidding scheduled for 4/10 but now when I go down the list the majority of them have started with the live bid on 4/24 or even 5/2. 

Is this normal or are they trying to wring more money out of people?

If there's a live-in-person component to the bidding, Coronavirus has presumably impacted that.