• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on Stocks and Coronavirus and Comics
4 4

491 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Tony S said:

It's certainly possible. So far what I've read says some corona viruses can live a few days on a surface.  It's not known if this strand can.  And there is no reason a polybag couldn't harbor the virus if say an infected individual sneezed near a comic in a poly bag and some droplets landed on such. 

:fear:

6 minutes ago, Tony S said:

It's certainly possible. So far what I've read says some corona viruses can live a few days on a surface.  It's not known if this strand can.  And there is no reason a polybag couldn't harbor the virus if say an infected individual sneezed near a comic in a poly bag and some droplets landed on such. 

well time to re-evaluate going to Toronto Comic-Con or bringing a ton of Hand sanitizer??? hm

Just now, Krismusic said:

well time to re-evaluate going to Toronto Comic-Con or bringing a ton of Hand sanitizer??? hm

Supposedly hand sanitizer/washing our hands often is the best thing to do....

5 minutes ago, mec3437 said:

I'm stocked up on DayQuil, Sprite, and Campbell's chicken noodle soup to combat the virus.  It's the medicine of my people.  

Then you get individual_without_enough_empathys like this.

wow what a tool they were told to self isolate and still went to a event... :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Tony S said:

Supposedly hand sanitizer/washing our hands often is the best thing to do....

yeah but also to keep a distance as well from anyone who might cough or sneeze.. kinda hard to do at a convention.

44 minutes ago, wilbil said:

and the fact that the majority of people have not been tested and multiples of the CDC numbers, which at this time are based only on what is known, is possible, probable and likely.

it is not any type of flu, which is the problem because there is not a vaccine at this time, which logically accounts for the legislative powers granted, as they should be.

Yes, it’s not a flu. Flu is a loosely used term. The only thing Coronavirus shares with the common flu is that both are viruses.

6 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

Might be a good idea

But out of say 10,000 people on the subway about 5 might be wearing masks...not too many seem concerned...I personally don't even know how many confirmed cases are in the city...and slot of people think the most affected are the young and elderly...I really hope the show isn't destroyed by this

5 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Might be a good idea

But out of say 10,000 people on the subway about 5 might be wearing masks...not too many seem concerned...I personally don't even know how many confirmed cases are in the city...and slot of people think the most affected are the young and elderly...I really hope the show isn't destroyed by this

yeah I know but most of Canada's cases are in Toronto... they are saying to brace for the spread here. So I think for sure it will affect the show if not canceling and re arranging the show would probably be a better idea but I can 100% see the attendance being lower than last year for sure. As I can see a ton of parents staying home with their kids and lots of people who travel from the GTA opting to stay home and wait till next year or for Fan Expo in Sept. 

2 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

The fact that children aren’t susceptible has kept the mortality rate down. 

Where are you getting this info? 

7 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

yeah I know but most of Canada's cases are in Toronto... they are saying to brace for the spread here. So I think for sure it will affect the show if not canceling and re arranging the show would probably be a better idea but I can 100% see the attendance being lower than last year for sure. As I can see a ton of parents staying home with their kids and lots of people who travel from the GTA opting to stay home and wait till next year or for Fan Expo in Sept. 

I hope not

SARS was the same

3 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I read an article about this. 'Susceptible' isn't the best word choice though. Here's an article.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/03/who-is-getting-sick-and-how-sick-a-breakdown-of-coronavirus-risk-by-demographic-factors/

Thanks. Very interesting. With two young kids at home I certainly hope they are unaffected by this. 

1 minute ago, Ryan. said:
6 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I read an article about this. 'Susceptible' isn't the best word choice though. Here's an article.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/03/who-is-getting-sick-and-how-sick-a-breakdown-of-coronavirus-risk-by-demographic-factors/

Thanks. Very interesting. With two young kids at home I certainly hope they are unaffected by this. 

I saw that last night :) Hope it's true.

27 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

I just spoke to my friend who has a booth, he said he hasn't received any notifications on cancellations, but like you said he thinks "less people will show up" 

That means more desperation for dealers to sell, which means better deals IMO 

49 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I just spoke to my friend who has a booth, he said he hasn't received any notifications on cancellations, but like you said he thinks "less people will show up" 

That means more desperation for dealers to sell, which means better deals IMO 

:banana: