• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on Stocks and Coronavirus and Comics
4 4

491 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

So at less than 90 cents a share, you are saying Aurora Cannabis is a good buy again considering the number of people staying home? 

13 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

So at less than 90 cents a share, you are saying Aurora Cannabis is a good buy again considering the number of people staying home? 

If not for a six year old in my house, I would single-handedly raise their stock 1000% over the course of the pandemic.

21 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

If not for a six year old in my house, I would single-handedly raise their stock 1000% over the course of the pandemic.

And with that, another 20 shares ordered for when the market opens tomorrow. 

13 hours ago, VintageComics said:

You'd be surprised.

A lot of people use the shower after going to the bathroom. And many cultures don't use the same bathroom practices that the West does.

But if you really want to get down to the nitty gritty (I read about and studied the colon for years) if your body is tuned and working properly, you really shouldn't even need much toilet paper. :shy:

I respect your expertise in this area.  With that said, in this time of self isolation and in an effort not to divert unnecessary resources from the medical field, I believe that we should turn to you with all of our questions concerning the colon.

If anyone would like their stool samples or their colons evaluated, the board, especially @greggy, should feel free to send pictures to @VintageComics

You're welcome.   :banana:

Edited by Buzzetta

On 3/12/2020 at 3:07 PM, mattn792 said:

How is that we have this current level of hysteria, yet minimal testing capacity?  This don't make no damn sense to me.

Yes, I believe that the United States had done something like only 10,000 Covid-19 tests in total as of last week.  :censored:

Definitely a sad case in comparison whereby South Korea was doing something like 10,000 to 15,000 tests per day, while China was doing something like 200,000 tests per day in order to try to contain the virus.  hm

On 3/12/2020 at 6:50 PM, sfcityduck said:

As it is now, as I have said a number of times already, I do think there is a real risk that the economic fallout kills more than the disease. 

Unless this disease becomes an apolcalyptic event, no doubt you are correct in saying that the economic fallout from the disease will kill more than the actual disease itself.  :frown:

Sad to see how fast the number of cases are rising in Europe on a daily basis, while they've fallen down to only about 10 to 30 new cases a day in China now.

20 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Unless this disease becomes an apolcalyptic event, no doubt you are correct in saying that the economic fallout from the disease will kill more than the actual disease itself.  :frown:

Sad to see how fast the number of cases are rising in Europe on a daily basis, while they've fallen down to only about 10 to 30 new cases a day in China now.

I don't trust the numbers out  of China. I think the party has made the decision to put the health of their economy ahead of the health of their citizens and are controlling the narrative accordingly. :whatev:

Just now, Black_Adam said:

I don't trust the numbers out  of China. I think the party has made the decision to put the health of their economy ahead of the health of their citizens and are controlling the narrative accordingly. :whatev:

I would say that is actually a very valid point and I would also tend to have no problems agreeing with.  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:
1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

I would say that is actually a very valid point and I would also tend to have no problems agreeing with.  (thumbsu

Even though I would take some of the numbers being reported with a big grain of salt, I definitely would still not want to be in Italy's shoes right now:  :sick:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

The numbers look pretty much dead on for Canada, but deadly frightening for Italy with another 3,590 cases over the previous 24 hours.  :fear:

Edited by lou_fine

19 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

All this chart shows me is how wildly overblown the panic is.  Domino's isn't adding 20% in value to their total market cap, the same way that GOOGL and AMZN have not lost 20% of their total market cap.  If anything, AMZN's overnight delivery volume should greatly increase sales & GOOGL online ad revenue should be benefiting.  

On 3/14/2020 at 10:48 AM, BIGJIMMY said:

My younger sister just bought a freezer because of this virus. She is getting lots of meats and chicken just in case. I think you are right about supermarkets, but it is better to be safe than sorry. I am all good now as I have a month supply of food. One thing though I realized was I never knew how heavy bottled water is. That bottled water was the heaviest stuff I had to lift.

disclaimer my tap water is carp.

At least the big chains. I honestly think trump wouldn't allow closure, he practically just said so. NYC is going into lockdown. Sucks to be me.

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, I believe that the United States had done something like only 10,000 Covid-19 tests in total as of last week.  :censored:

Definitely a sad case in comparison whereby South Korea was doing something like 10,000 to 15,000 tests per day, while China was doing something like 200,000 tests per day in order to try to contain the virus.  hm

We are doing fewer tests in order to report lower numbers