• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on Stocks and Coronavirus and Comics
4 4

491 posts in this topic

My job in its infinite wisdom is still here.  Each department is about 4-5 people so they divided us up in various areas.   We don't see the other departments right now. 

Make believe I am Department "B"

Over in Department "A" The wife of one of my coworkers works with someone who is a confirmed case. 

I voiced my concern about that. 

Now let's flash forward to today.  Just learned that... out of the five people in his department three are home with fevers and coughs.   One guy posted a pic of his thermometer at 102.2.   

But Buzz?  What of the remaining two?  They were sent to train us how to do something yesterday and go department to department. 

Voiced my concern over that last night and now this is our last day here for the next few weeks as we are shutting down to completely work from home. 

Now let's see what has been done.  Most likely I've been directly exposed.  I was at the chiropractor on Monday and Wednesday so I hope I just didn't bring something home to Nassau County from New York city. 

My parents are 75 and 71 (in July).  I had to tell them and I don't even want them near my house for the next two weeks.  I don't want them dropping off mail.  I don't want them dropping off a meal.  (Dad likes to BBQ 2/7)  Also, I don't want to even drop off groceries unless they are wiping them down with something. 

My girlfriend works from her home.  So there goes that.  I have to tell her tonight.  I have known her family for over 20 years and her father needs to keep up his strength.  She travels from her house to his house only. 

Then there are the obvious concerns. 

Not very happy today.  Just felt the need to vent anonymously. 

3,755 days to go.   The next two will be in isolation. 

Edited by Buzzetta

1 hour ago, faster friends said:

I’m using my stimulus money to buy more comics. :banana:

banana052.gif Hookers and blow!!! banana082.gif

4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

My job in its infinite wisdom is still here.  Each department is about 4-5 people so they divided us up in various areas.   We don't see the other departments right now. 

Make believe I am Department "B"

Over in Department "A" The wife of one of my coworkers works with someone who is a confirmed case. 

I voiced my concern about that. 

Now let's flash forward to today.  Just learned that... out of the five people in his department three are home with fevers and coughs.   One guy posted a pic of his thermometer at 102.2.   

But Buzz?  What of the remaining two?  They were sent to train us how to do something yesterday and go department to department. 

Voiced my concern over that last night and now this is our last day here for the next few weeks as we are shutting down to completely work from home. 

Now let's see what has been done.  Most likely I've been directly exposed.  I was at the chiropractor on Monday and Wednesday so I hope I just didn't bring something home to Nassau County from New York city. 

My parents are 75 and 71 (in July).  I had to tell them and I don't even want them near my house for the next two weeks.  I don't want them dropping off mail.  I don't want them dropping off a meal.  (Dad likes to BBQ 2/7)  Also, I don't want to even drop off groceries unless they are wiping them down with something. 

My girlfriend works from her home.  So there goes that.  I have to tell her tonight.  I have known her family for over 20 years and her father needs to keep up his strength.  She travels from her house to his house only. 

Then there are the obvious concerns. 

Not very happy today.  Just felt the need to vent anonymously. 

3,755 days to go.   The next two will be in isolation. 

Right there with you we are shutting down too for 3 weeks... and I just bought a DD 1 low grade.. at least I have some savings to cover that and living expenses... just sucks that my Mutual fund took a kicking and now I am at the point of trying to decide if to cut my loses and run or weather the storm for the next while, dont need the funds but it's hard to watch several years or profit disappear and now capital disappear... 

No time to even think about buying comics and have been trying not to get caught up in the hoarding panic, but it's hard not to worry when you go to the Safeway to get a loaf of bread and realize there is no bread (even though it is being rationed to two loaves per family), no meat (other than one forgotten pack of beyond meat) and zero canned goods - other than the last two cans of cut yellow wax beans (one of them dented) which I immediately scooped into my basket. There was also no ketchup - will people be using it to make soup? (shrug)

2 hours ago, Krismusic said:

Right there with you we are shutting down too for 3 weeks... and I just bought a DD 1 low grade.. at least I have some savings to cover that and living expenses... just sucks that my Mutual fund took a kicking and now I am at the point of trying to decide if to cut my loses and run or weather the storm for the next while, dont need the funds but it's hard to watch several years or profit disappear and now capital disappear... 

If you don,t need the funds, then keep it, you at least wont miss the market recovery when it happens.

1 hour ago, Black_Adam said:

No time to even think about buying comics and have been trying not to get caught up in the hoarding panic, but it's hard not to worry when you go to the Safeway to get a loaf of bread and realize there is no bread (even though it is being rationed to two loaves per family), no meat (other than one forgotten pack of beyond meat) and zero canned goods - other than the last two cans of cut yellow wax beans (one of them dented) which I immediately scooped into my basket. There was also no ketchup - will people be using it to make soup? (shrug)

Our stores have stuff here in NYC. Smaller apartments mean less space for hoarding I guess. Yes, they are out of some stuff, but plenty of milk, for example. Chicken and pork. Not much bread, but ok for paper products. TONS of Ketchup.

4 minutes ago, BIGJIMMY said:

Scored 16 rolls over toilet paper today at Wal-Mart. That should be enough for awhile. Only thing I am worried about is water. My tap water is bad and bottled water is heavy to lift I am willing to have spring water delivered to me. My grandmother years ago did that. I am out of the loop with Spring water delivery. Any suggestions will be cool.

Or in inexpensive water filter jug you can keep in the fridge.  Pick one up at Target for cheap.

1 hour ago, BIGJIMMY said:

My tap water is very cloudy, but I will take your advice and check out Target. Really don't want to go out no more. Hopefully, I can pick up the inexpensive water filter jug on line from Target. Thanks though for the tip.

No problem, we use one and the kids even like the taste, it's similar to what you would get from bottled water.

8 hours ago, faster friends said:

I’m using my stimulus money to buy more comics. :banana:

So the relief bill that they are proposing is up to $1200 per person, up to $2400 per couple & $500 per child based on 2018 tax returns. The key phrase is "up to". I'm not clear on what the formula will be to determine what each tax payer gets. Also the stimulus will "start to phase out above $75K in adjusted gross income."

1 hour ago, BIGJIMMY said:

Scored 16 rolls over toilet paper today at Wal-Mart. That should be enough for awhile. Only thing I am worried about is water. My tap water is bad and bottled water is heavy to lift I am willing to have spring water delivered to me. My grandmother years ago did that. I am out of the loop with Spring water delivery. Any suggestions will be cool.

I think the TP shortage thing is overblown. Does a brita filter not make your water palatable?

It appears the head of the Senate Intelligence Committee sold a million and a half dollars worth of stocks after a meeting on the coming of the virus. After giving a public speech where he downplayed the virus, he warned his pals at a private club that bad times were coming. If that isn't insider trading, what is?:flipbait:

2 hours ago, BIGJIMMY said:

My tap water is very cloudy, but I will take your advice and check out Target. Really don't want to go out no more. Hopefully, I can pick up the inexpensive water filter jug on line from Target. Thanks though for the tip.

The grey cloudiness in tap water is from oxygen in the water as it’s piped through to you. If you leave it on the counter for a minute or two it should turn clear. You should be able to look up the quality of water in your area, most areas have water that is perfectly fine. The standards for tap water are actually higher than the standards for bottled water. There are places of course that have water you don’t want to drink 

2 hours ago, BIGJIMMY said:

boil the tap water.

3 minutes ago, shadroch said:

It appears the head of the Senate Intelligence Committee sold a million and a half dollars worth of stocks after a meeting on the coming of the virus. After giving a public speech where he downplayed the virus, he warned his pals at a private club that bad times were coming. If that isn't insider trading, what is?:flipbait:

It’s nice when you’re the one who makes the laws, no?  Just like term limits, a ban on insider trading by members of Congress should be a no brainer.  Hence, neither will ever pass.