• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue Beetle #1 (1967) Fan Club for Question Fans

13 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:

If Mr A predates the question id probably go for his 1st app.

witzend #3 was 1967, no month listed.  I really don't know which one actually appeared first, a quick look online fairly rapidly showed sources disagree.  Personally, I'm just doing things the easy way:

Blue_Beetle_Charlton_1.jpg

witzend_03.jpg

2 hours ago, OtherEric said:

witzend #3 was 1967, no month listed.  I really don't know which one actually appeared first, a quick look online fairly rapidly showed sources disagree.  Personally, I'm just doing things the easy way:

According to Ditko Question was just Mr. A toned down to pass comic code:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr.com/question-ditko-debut-mr-a-blue-beetle/amp/

8 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Which tells us the order of creation but not the order of publication.  Still, good to know which was created first.

So the the core of the raw innovation as Ditko originally envisioned it lies with Mr A.

GCD says of this issue that:  "A few thousand copies" of this issue were printed with captions missing from the last panels of the Blue Beetle and Question stories, according to the letters page in issue #2. Presses were stopped and the captions were added for the rest of the print run.

Anyone got a copy with the missing captions?