• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman #5 with extra pages...

1 post in this topic

I have an unusual copy of Eclipse's Miracleman #5. Firstly, it has a white strip of about 1cm at the top of both the front and back cover, with the same amount cut off the bottom of the cover. As if that wasn't enough it has extra pages that repeat themselves... I'll explain below-

Pages 1-16 run as expected, then at page 17 the story starts again at page 9 and runs to page 28 where we reach the letters page. After the letters page we begin the next part of the story Titled "Miracleman Family Part 2", this runs for just two pages before we find ourselves back at page 25, which should have been page 17 had we not been interrupted by the repeat pages. We then get the rest of the first part of the story from page 17 until we get a repeat of the letters page, after which "Miracleman Family Part 2" begins once more which continues to end of the story as intended. 

As this particular issue deals with false realities and the Miracleman Family almost waking up from their Gargunza induced dream state, the oddly repeating pages add to the sense of disorientation that the plot carries and when I bought this issue as a teenager in the 80's I thought it was kinda cool. Now I'm just wondering if there were more copies issued with the same mistakes and repeating pages, if anyone else has a copy, or if anyone has seen one like it? I've added some photos to help clarify the issue. 

I think Andy Warhol would be pleased :) 

thumbnail_IMG_20200302_220553-01.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200302_220613-01.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200302_220625-01.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200302_220636-01.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200302_220646-01.jpg