• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok I’m officially old and apparently poorly dressed.
2 2

90 posts in this topic

Being British, I don’t have a Medicare card, but before Christmas the NHS provided me with a generously-intrusive colonoscopy screening, which is offered to elder citizens when you hit 55.

I was going to reminisce about comic prices, but that’s a more memorable indicator.

Thanks for sharing.  Brings back some nostalgia on going to shoes in the late 80's to early 90's.  Is there a thread somewhere around with older pics of vendors at comic shows at around that time period?  I'd love to see board members that have been in the game a while posting pics of their setups and "overpriced" wall books.  

8 hours ago, William-James88 said:

I have a medicare card, I am Canadian.

we dont have medicare cards in Canada are you talking about your health card? 

I purchased a few copies (I don't recall how many) of ASM 300, direct and newsstand, as did a great many people, and I have no idea what long box they are in. By the time I find them they'll be worth far less than $12.00.

10 hours ago, Tony S said:

Children, you can call yourself old when you get your Medicare card...... I was buying and selling comic books long before ASM 300 was published. :tink:

I sign up for Medicare in May.

1 hour ago, Krismusic said:

we don't have medicare cards in Canada are you talking about your health card? 

Medicare is the federal health insurance program for: People who are 65 or older.

48 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

Medicare is the federal health insurance program for: People who are 65 or older.

We all know how that works sorry can you just go out and bury yourself lol

1 hour ago, marvelmaniac said:

oh, so after 65 you get a federal health care program in the U.S.?