• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok I’m officially old and apparently poorly dressed.
2 2

90 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, marvelmaniac said:

I sign up for Medicare in May.

Medicare is the federal health insurance program for: People who are 65 or older.

Sign up for Medicare as soon as the window opens.  You can start 90 days before your 65th birthday month. My Medicare health insurance costs more than my pre-Medicare health insurance.  Medicare insurance costs depends on your income.  The Social Security Administration and my Medicare insurance provider made mistakes on my coverage, so signing up early is a good idea.  Look at Medicare Part D (Drug Coverage) carefully.  Many drugs will not be covered by most Part D insurance.

Junkdrawer is a young whippersnapper. :preach:

29 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wow $65 and $175 :whatthe: 

I know those prices damn...

21 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Being British, I don’t have a Medicare card, but before Christmas the NHS provided me with a generously-intrusive colonoscopy screening, which is offered to elder citizens when you hit 55.

I was going to reminisce about comic prices, but that’s a more memorable indicator.

I've had that done too  at 55. The prep was horrible but after the injection of Versed I don't remember anything except being told to roll over. Next I know I wake up with my wife standing by my side. She says to me "you were really chatting it up with that nurse". My reply was "what nurse?"  Now I know how date rape drugs work. I remember nothing....

Now they have a very reliable poop in a can / ship it to a lab test called Cologuard. Costs substantially less and skips that intrusive thing of having a nurse run 20 foot of tubing up your arse and then inflating it with a pump. I had to tell my doctor about Cologuard. So 10 years from now when they want to do the colonoscopy test again ask for Cologuard instead. Unless you prefer that more intimate, human touch thing. :smile:

And geez - the packages that are on a UPS truck....:p 

And this thread is freaking gold, baby. I've laughed until tears in my eyes.