• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok I’m officially old and apparently poorly dressed.
2 2

90 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

I knew there was more humiliation. Me with my hammer makin sure that 300 was tacked down at all 4 corners 

image.jpg

My girl at the time, I dressed her for success. 

image.jpg

IDK what is more 1980's - your shorts or her hair.

Either way, awesome. I was a double-digit kid on the 80's so these are all fond memories for me! Thanks for sharing.

-slym

On 3/5/2020 at 9:08 AM, lizards2 said:

Ahh! I fondly remember my first colonoscopy..., I live in a small town and after suffering through that charming prep kit, I show up for the procedure, and my son's girlfriend's mom is there to assist me with undressing, and final prep. Here, they schedule them all on the same day, so afterwards, we're just separated by shower screens, and you got to hear what they did to everyone else. Luckily my report was everything squeaky clean, and don't come back for ten years. :banana: 

But you went back sooner anyway, right?

*ba-dum*

:jokealert::baiting: Please don't hurt me!

Edited by Mystafo

12 hours ago, thunsicker said:

Woah, that hair!  Takes me back.

Lol she carried the long boxes. 

And the rings on her fingers.  Mr. T got nuthin on her !!

1 hour ago, seanfingh said:

Frankie say "Nail Those Comics!"

The place was very windy at times and if there were only 2 tacks at the top the books would flip upwards with a gust and stay up or blow right off the wall. 

On 3/5/2020 at 3:08 PM, lizards2 said:

Ahh! I fondly remember my first colonoscopy..., I live in a small town and after suffering through that charming prep kit, I show up for the procedure, and my son's girlfriend's mom is there to assist me with undressing, and final prep. Here, they schedule them all on the same day, so afterwards, we're just separated by shower screens, and you got to hear what they did to everyone else. Luckily my report was everything squeaky clean, and don't come back for ten years. :banana: 

I was quite surprised at the standard of the NHS treatment I received.  Private changing room while waiting for the enema to work its magic, incredibly courteous and supportive nurses - really exceptional, making an anxiety-inducing experience as comfortable as possible.

3 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Nice to see boardie Mitch Mehdy in those early SDCC photos

1973-Env-B35.jpg

Looks like something funny just happened in this photo

1 hour ago, Pontoon said:

Probably talking about Theo Holstein's Overstreet ad.

And Neal musta made the joke 

13 hours ago, Pontoon said:

Probably talking about Theo Holstein's Overstreet ad.

I've given the post a like, but had absolutely no clue about the reference at first.  Of course, unlike back then in the Bronze Age, we have search engines to compensate for ignorance.  

64733.jpg.cccf3ed749ca2898efca2daa60faa4

Rather narcissistic.

Edited by Ken Aldred

22 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Nice to see boardie Mitch Mehdy in those early SDCC photos

1973-Env-B35.jpg

I've always been quite repetitive and practical in my dress sense, and genuinely approving of Neal Adams' very similar approach.

I'd be interested in seeing a colourised version of this photo, to check if he was wearing his customary blue.  Here it's striped, and so we can already see that there's been a sartorial evolution in style over the intervening decades, though always sensibly emphasising comfort.

I wear the same thing everyday and get lots of flack for it. "Fashion" is not important to me, so who cares? It's not my biz, however, I'm always curious why others the same everyday. Curious why you do.