• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink Winter Featured Auction results
1 1

22 posts in this topic

Yup, the OA portion of the Clink Winter Featured Auction ended last nite.  Lots of lowlights, but here's some of the highlights:

-Art Adams Xmen Ann #10 half-splash = $7.1K

-Bachalo 1992 Death prelim illo for a t-shirt = $5.1K

-Bermejo Joker p66 = $4K

-Bolland Amazing Heroes #52 cover (Judge Dredd) = $17.25K

-J Buscema Avengers #271p1 splash = $4.1K

-S Buscema Defenders #37p1 splash = $5K

-Byrne Wolverine #22 cover = $5.65K.  Ouch!  Not sure what's wrong with this cover but seems to be quite a bit of buyer's remorse given the number of times its exchanged hands: Jul 2012 = $3.3K; May 2014 = $5.7K; Nov 2016 = $7.2K; Aug 2019 = $7.8K

-J Scott Campbell ASM 14 cover (Black Cat) = $7.6K

-Ian Churchill Cable #35 cover (vs Apocalypse) = $5K

-Cockrum UXmen #163p9 = $3.7K

-Dillon Preacher 49p14 = $3.3K.  Preacher battles God and loses an eye, and it sold for only $3.3K!!!

-Rafael Grampa Detective Comics #50 cover = $6.6K.  I don't collect modern art so I haven't come across this artists' work before...for those who know this artists' market, is this a strong result?

-Heck TOS #52p11 = $10.4K. 

-Adam Hughes Catwoman #72 cover = $17.9K.  Is this now the highest priced Adam Hughes cover?

-Phil Jimenez Wonder Woman #137 cover = $1.5K.  Absolutely stunning cover, and one of the biggest steals of this auction

-Kirby FF Ann #2p17 = $13.3K.  Bargain priced

-Miller ASM 218 cover = $26,750.  Strange looking cover...at first glance I like it, then I don't; I like it again, then I don't.

-Romita ASM 365 cover = $46.4K.  Love this cover, even though the original art area only measures 8x10. 

-Romita Jr ASM 40 complete 22p interiors = $14.5K.  right around where it should be priced

-Romita Jr ASM 55 complete 22p interiors = $4.6K.  Seller lost his shirt

-Mark Texeira Ghost Rider 16p20 = $3K.  Yowza!

-Trimpe Transformers #25 cover = $4.3K

-Turner Action Comics #813 cover = $7.1k

-Hidetsugu Yoshioka Transformers Submarauder box art = $3.5K

The one up my alley was the Platt Supreme #46 cover (Alan Moore run).  It previously sold for $4.6K in 2017 and sold for almost 4K this time around.  I was the underbidder.

Glad my Liefeld X-force/Shatterstar cover sold, although I would have expected it to go beyond the reserve ($1K)

I'm also glad to have won the Cary Nord Ultimate Human cover

Malvin

54 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

-Miller ASM 218 cover = $26,750.  Strange looking cover...at first glance I like it, then I don't; I like it again, then I don't.

Yup! Totally agree.  In the end... the butt shot cover just didn't win me over!

The 6,600 for the Grampa Cover was not particularly strong compared to the numbers he gets when he sells through his reps. I thought it would go for more like 8k... so not too far off. So i think somebody got a pretty good deal on it. 

... i also didnt think that auction would be the best way to sell that piece. I think it's one of those pieces that you advertise yourself, and then wait for bites. 

Edited by The Cimmerians Purse
adding

I grabbed the Cocrum X page.. and thought I did ok.

Overall the results were a bit all over the place... Do you think this was influenced by HA big boy auction coming this week?

Couple that seemed strong you did not mention

The Silvestri X page went for a decent amount for what it was and I thought the Tim Sale unpublished Batman was high.

what did everyone think of the Art Adams Years of future past cover? I liked it but could not get a feel for what it went for or should go for?

35 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Overall the results were a bit all over the place... Do you think this was influenced by HA big boy auction coming this week?

The Silvestri X page went for a decent amount for what it was and I thought the Tim Sale unpublished Batman was high.

what did everyone think of the Art Adams Years of future past cover? I liked it but could not get a feel for what it went for or should go for?

The Art Adams cover  went for about what he charges for them when you buy direct, so I'm sure that was a consideration of the bidders (that if you want something similar your other source directs from the artist would be the same)

Malvin

1 hour ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Do you think this was influenced by HA big boy auction coming this week?

I certainly did not bid again once outbid in the CL original art auction, because, I am 'actively' bidding on lots across the HA sessions ending soon.

3 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I was the consignor of the Silvestri page and was actually slightly disappointed by the result, esepcially given how strong Silvestri X-Men interiors have been recently.  I thought the close-ups at the top of the page were  quite strong.  Well done to the buyer!  On the other hand, I was pleasently surprised by a S Buscema Defenders page and recovered most of the cost on a N Adams commission, which for a commission is not a bad result.  Overall, happy.

3 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I thought the Silvestri went low.

7 minutes ago, Carlo M said:

I was the consignor of the Silvestri page and was actually slightly disappointed by the result, esepcially given how strong Silvestri X-Men interiors have been recently.  I thought the close-ups at the top of the page were  quite strong.  Well done to the buyer!  On the other hand, I was pleasently surprised by a S Buscema Defenders page and recovered most of the cost on a N Adams commission, which for a commission is not a bad result.  Overall, happy.

1 minute ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

I thought the Silvestri went low.

Well to @Carlo M Sorry you were disappointed. was it the Havok commission? that jumped up nicely at the end... I just thought that it was kind of a slow page - I was in at it up to 2k so i was probably the underbidder but thought I would have gotten it at that price with what the last couple pages with some action and wolverine went for.

I saw strong results in the $5-10k range, won 2 pieces but missed out on the Starlin CM and the Hughes Emma Frost covers.  Gave a chase but stayed disciplined with higher priorities in the Heritage auction.  

9 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Yup, the OA portion of the Clink Winter Featured Auction ended last nite.  Lots of lowlights, but here's some of the highlights:

-Art Adams Xmen Ann #10 half-splash = $7.1K

-Bachalo 1992 Death prelim illo for a t-shirt = $5.1K

-Bermejo Joker p66 = $4K

-Bolland Amazing Heroes #52 cover (Judge Dredd) = $17.25K

-J Buscema Avengers #271p1 splash = $4.1K

-S Buscema Defenders #37p1 splash = $5K

-Byrne Wolverine #22 cover = $5.65K.  Ouch!  Not sure what's wrong with this cover but seems to be quite a bit of buyer's remorse given the number of times its exchanged hands: Jul 2012 = $3.3K; May 2014 = $5.7K; Nov 2016 = $7.2K; Aug 2019 = $7.8K

-J Scott Campbell ASM 14 cover (Black Cat) = $7.6K

-Ian Churchill Cable #35 cover (vs Apocalypse) = $5K

-Cockrum UXmen #163p9 = $3.7K

-Dillon Preacher 49p14 = $3.3K.  Preacher battles God and loses an eye, and it sold for only $3.3K!!!

-Rafael Grampa Detective Comics #50 cover = $6.6K.  I don't collect modern art so I haven't come across this artists' work before...for those who know this artists' market, is this a strong result?

-Heck TOS #52p11 = $10.4K. 

-Adam Hughes Catwoman #72 cover = $17.9K.  Is this now the highest priced Adam Hughes cover?

-Phil Jimenez Wonder Woman #137 cover = $1.5K.  Absolutely stunning cover, and one of the biggest steals of this auction

-Kirby FF Ann #2p17 = $13.3K.  Bargain priced

-Romita ASM 365 cover = $46.4K.  Love this cover, even though the original art area only measures 8x10. 

-Romita Jr ASM 40 complete 22p interiors = $14.5K.  right around where it should be priced

-Romita Jr ASM 55 complete 22p interiors = $4.6K.  Seller lost his shirt

-Mark Texeira Ghost Rider 16p20 = $3K.  Yowza!

-Trimpe Transformers #25 cover = $4.3K

-Turner Action Comics #813 cover = $7.1k

-Hidetsugu Yoshioka Transformers Submarauder box art = $3.5K

Didn't know there was a FF Annual 2 page in this auction and apparently others were also unaware.   That, or maybe Reed's male chauvinist remark to Sue "...only a female..." made some buyers worry that wives or girlfriends might object to seeing it on the wall.   Great story but I remember wincing a bit when I first read that line as a kid, which was long before MeToo.  

1 hour ago, zhamlau said:

Same. I’m sure there were deals, there always are. Just nothing I wanted went cheap.

Likewise. And the impending end of the Heritage Auction lots did give me extra cause not to be tempted.