• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC goof ups
1 1

26 posts in this topic

Don't know if someone has made a topic on this. I was looking at my CGC books earlier, particularly the ASM 700 Martin variant, and noticed they misspelled Geof Isherwood's name on the label as "Geoff Isherwood." Has anyone had a small mistake like this come back on any of their submission? I thought it was a small funny thing, and I am not trying to hate on CGC in any way. Just a small thing I thought was funny, since his name was written on the cover.

EEBF8E0C-9787-43C7-A210-315103262D6E.jpeg

17 minutes ago, BigDaddy1 said:

Don't know if someone has made a topic on this. I was looking at my CGC books earlier, particularly the ASM 700 Martin variant, and noticed they misspelled Geof Isherwood's name on the label as "Geoff Isherwood." Has anyone had a small mistake like this come back on any of their submission? I thought it was a small funny thing, and I am not trying to hate on CGC in any way. Just a small thing I thought was funny, since his name was written on the cover.

WUT

It's crazy, that in this day and age, you have such a tempered opinion/reaction. Go extreme or go home!

:nyah:

3 minutes ago, BigDaddy1 said:

Haha. I'll keep that in mind next time. 

:cry:

Your ability to be reasonable and create a seemingly fun thread without worshiping or attacking something/someone simply caught me off-guard!

Kudos to you, sire.

"Mistakes that don't make you wanna murder someone" is certainly an interesting topic... (:

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

CGC often charges my credit card the incorrect amount. Does that count?

only if its less than what your invoiced for lol.. 

1 minute ago, Krismusic said:
1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

only if its less than what your invoiced for lol..

Somehow it's always in their favor hm

3 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Somehow it's always in their favor hm

The best one was when they charged me for two FT moderns totally incorrectly.  It should have been $1310 whereas the charge was something weird like $3218.63.  It made totally no sense.  I check it all the time. 

1 hour ago, greggy said:

The best one was when they charged me for two FT moderns totally incorrectly.  It should have been $1310 whereas the charge was something weird like $3218.63.  It made totally no sense.  I check it all the time. 

Did you submit two Action 1s under Modern FT? 

I collect CGC-graded DC Whitman variants, and I have quite a few with incorrect labels. The mistakes usually fall into one of two categories:

1. The label fails to note that the book is a Whitman variant.

2. The label gets the issue number (which often does not appear on DC Whitman covers) incorrect.

Neither is that big a deal, but it plays havoc with my registry set.

On 3/4/2020 at 11:02 AM, Ryan. said:

They often grade my slabs incorrect.  Does that count?