• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some Irony regarding c2e2

5 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Golden Memories said:

Many dealers including Myself  were upset that c2e2 was scheduled at the end of February 

Well guess what?  : the business conference that was to take place at Mccormick  the last week of March 

which was usually the c2e2 date 

Has been officially cancelled 

Some luck there 

Who cancelled it? If the business made the call that may not have impacted C2E2 in the same way that a directive from the city or McCormick would have. 

This is quite the irony.  What I found as a major annoyance (having the show in February), ended up being the reason why this show actually took place.

I heard on the radio yesterday that there have now been four cancellations at McCormick Place.

International Housewares Association’s four-day “Inspired Home Show”
Modern Business Experience’s three-day event sponsored by Oracle
A national meeting called by Ace Hardware.
World Congress of Cardiology event by the American College of Cardiology

All were to take place in March.  For those interested, you can read more here:
https://therealdeal.com/chicago/2020/03/10/coronavirus-related-cancellations-come-to-mccormick-place/

That was  pretty much my point

Looks like c2e2 my be one of the last mass attended show for a few months  It is now the stated policy that  people, and NOT just the elderly should  avoid  Large gatherings The latest from Boston is that one single medium sized conference with the Ominous name  BIOGEN is by itself responsible for dozens of new cases 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/

The city has more or less shut down and colleges have gone teleconference 

I think we will sadly see a series of con cancellations throughout the spring