• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books dropped off for grading at C2E2

17 posts in this topic

I dropped off a copy of my Giant Size X-Men #1, and 3 other books to be signed by Chris Claremont, at C2E2 last weekend.

Assuming that those books would normally show up in my Submission section, how long can I expect it to take, before they appear?

Also, since the Giant Size X-Men was "pre-submitted" using the webform (as expidited), am I correct in guessing that I'll get it back before I do the books from the Claremont private signing?

TIA

C2E2 is a pretty major convention (although I don't know if attendance was down due to health concerns), so that likely means there were quite a few submissions that occurred at that convention.  I don't think its unreasonable to think they didn't start inputting books into the system in florida until late Tuesday or even early Wednesday.  If your books for whatever reason were at the tail-end of the stack of books submitted, it might be 5-10 business days starting Wednesday.  If your GSX 1 is high grade maybe you paid for some type of expedited service then I'd expect to see it faster?  I'm not sure if that answer helps, but I wouldn't have any level of concern until St Patricks Day, even then, just an email or call to customer service would probably clear up any questions.  It might also depend on the tier you're submitting.

6 hours ago, smodcastfan said:

I dropped off a copy of my Giant Size X-Men #1, and 3 other books to be signed by Chris Claremont, at C2E2 last weekend.

Assuming that those books would normally show up in my Submission section, how long can I expect it to take, before they appear?

Also, since the Giant Size X-Men was "pre-submitted" using the webform (as expidited), am I correct in guessing that I'll get it back before I do the books from the Claremont private signing?

TIA

Its best to ask cgc directly, you can contact customer service.

5 hours ago, revat said:

C2E2 is a pretty major convention (although I don't know if attendance was down due to health concerns), so that likely means there were quite a few submissions that occurred at that convention.

I was there in 2019 and again this year. Based on what I saw, attendance didn't seem to be down.

7 hours ago, revat said:

C2E2 is a pretty major convention (although I don't know if attendance was down due to health concerns), so that likely means there were quite a few submissions that occurred at that convention.  I don't think its unreasonable to think they didn't start inputting books into the system in florida until late Tuesday or even early Wednesday.  If your books for whatever reason were at the tail-end of the stack of books submitted, it might be 5-10 business days starting Wednesday.  If your GSX 1 is high grade maybe you paid for some type of expedited service then I'd expect to see it faster?  I'm not sure if that answer helps, but I wouldn't have any level of concern until St Patricks Day, even then, just an email or call to customer service would probably clear up any questions.  It might also depend on the tier you're submitting.

I’m not necessarily concerned, more excited 🤓🤓

thank you for the information!

When I went to C2E2 last year, I dropped off 4 books to be graded (ASM #101, ASM #194, ASM #300, and ASM #361). As mentioned in another thread (see below), these four books were lost, and I was given my money back and also given $300 in grading credit. The books were eventually found, but only after I had replaced each issue.

I dropped off 4 books to be graded this year (Black Knight #1, Black Knight #2, Rawhide Kid #17, and ST #115). Yesterday, I received a note from CGC that all 4 books have been received. Whew!

Edited by Joe Ankenbauer

4 hours ago, breakcore said:

I am still waiting for books dropped off on Sunday March 1st to be received. Anyone else drop off at C2E2 and still waiting for books to show as received?

And they just now showed up in Received! Exciting

On 3/5/2020 at 10:03 AM, smodcastfan said:

TIA

I dropped four books at C2E2, and they were marked received on Thursday, 03/05/2020. This was four days after the conclusion of C2E2.

On 3/17/2020 at 4:45 PM, Jsmeadows said:

Still waiting for mine to show as received. This gives me some peace of mind though that they're in process somewhere. 

The last 3 of my books were just posted this afternoon! I’m stoked!!!

On 3/5/2020 at 11:05 AM, revat said:

90,000 attended 2019 C2E2. Over 65,000 attended 2020 C2E2.  Probably less than 2019.  That was the last convention before cancellations go on.

Update: My GSX #1 has been graded, imaged, and shipped!

Looking at the Grader's notes (below), I'm assuming that (at least some of) these could be fixed by pressing. Am I understanding that right?

If so, does it make sense for me to (eventually) return the book and have it pressed, and re-graded? (I got a 4.0, which is better than I expected, but if pressing might increase the grade, I might be interested) 

• large, multiple crease right bottom of front cover
  • medium crease right top of front cover
  • moderate spine stress lines to cover

2 hours ago, smodcastfan said:

Update: My GSX #1 has been graded, imaged, and shipped!

Looking at the Grader's notes (below), I'm assuming that (at least some of) these could be fixed by pressing. Am I understanding that right?

If so, does it make sense for me to (eventually) return the book and have it pressed, and re-graded? (I got a 4.0, which is better than I expected, but if pressing might increase the grade, I might be interested) 

• large, multiple crease right bottom of front cover
  • medium crease right top of front cover
  • moderate spine stress lines to cover

I was told at C2E2 2020 that pressing won’t change grading outcome. So what I got from the CGC team member was the book is what it is regardless of pressing. Side note: it’s nice to know yours is being graded. I’m still showing Received.  Received Fingers crossed I’m next in line somewhere 

21 hours ago, Daysend said:

I was told at C2E2 2020 that pressing won’t change grading outcome. So what I got from the CGC team member was the book is what it is regardless of pressing. Side note: it’s nice to know yours is being graded. I’m still showing Received.  Received Fingers crossed I’m next in line somewhere 

The three that I sent through the Claremont Private Signing event are still showing Received too, and it took an extra week for those to appear on the site, only to have the Received Date listed as 3 days after the GSX. I'm hoping they start getting updated soon too