• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CBCS LOST MY BOOK
2 2

26 posts in this topic

Well folks, CBCS has LOST my book.

The last few months I have been calling to get a status of 1 Book, dropped off personally at the CBCS booth for 2 ASP & 1 VSP & Press at a Florida SuperCon on July 6, 2019.

After being ignored for months, I escalated the situation in the last week. I received this message today from CBCS:

"Hi Bradley,

We have checked with our pressing and receiving departments and we never physically ever received your book. The only thing we received was the white copy of the paperwork."

Of course, I have my receipt and a picture of the book on the CBCS grading table. 

I put it through CBCS to avoid the "Qualified" note on the label for Mr. Trimpe's (RIP) signature after getting it signed by Steve McNiven and remarked by Dexter Vines.  

Thought y'all should know. 

2019-07-06 13.41.02.jpg

Edited by BSeldin305

On 3/5/2020 at 7:39 PM, BSeldin305 said:

Well folks, CBCS has LOST my book.

The last few months I have been calling to get a status of 1 Book, dropped off personally at the CBCS booth for 2 ASP & 1 VSP & Press at a Florida SuperCon on July 6, 2019.

After being ignored for months, I escalated the situation in the last week. I received this message today from CBCS:

"Hi Bradley,

We have checked with our pressing and receiving departments and we never physically ever received your book. The only thing we received was the white copy of the paperwork."

Of course, I have my receipt and a picture of the book on the CBCS grading table. 

I put it through CBCS to avoid the "Qualified" note on the label for Mr. Trimpe's (RIP) signature after getting it signed by Steve McNiven and remarked by Dexter Vines.  

Thought y'all should know. 

2019-07-06 13.41.02.jpg

So you have a receipt showing that you gave the book to CBCS?  If so they're responsible.

Twice, at NY Cons, I was sitting at the closed CGC table bsing with fellow forumites when dealers tried to drop off submissions. The first time, three of us were sitting there when a guy wanted to drop off two boxes of early new X-Men. The other, a guy wanted to drop off an early Spiderman. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this scene hasn't been repeated in other cities.

CBCS misplaced my first and only order with them.I gave them my books, and wanted two pressed. They sent the whole order out to the presser and even though I handed the books directly to them, they said they weren't responsible for the books until they were returned to them by the presser. It eventually worked itself out, but I was less than impressed with the service I recieved.

"I put it through CBCS to avoid the "Qualified" note on the label for Mr. Trimpe's (RIP) signature after getting it signed by Steve McNiven and remarked by Dexter Vines."  This line was your clue.  I'm really sorry it went over your head.

On 3/8/2020 at 8:19 AM, BSeldin305 said:

Yes, I have the receipt.  

I received a nice call from Steve Borock Friday night.  He is confident they will track down the book and has already begun to make things right. 

We'll hope for the best.   

img001.jpg

Excellent. Steve will definitely do the right thing!