• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art Day - First Appearance of Daredevil
2 2

14 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Infamouspure22 said:

I’m excited and honored to share this piece from Daredevil’s first appearance issue:

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1612260

61C8A247-29FD-44D1-97A5-586701926FCD.jpeg

These pages in person are examples of the very best comic art has to offer. What a monster addition to your collection. Congratulations!!!

🍇 🦍

Wow, what a great page! I remember  when this book broke up there was a lot of concern about how oddball many pages looked, since Everett was late and other artists had to finish the pages (iirc,Ditko was involved), but this one is really 100% on-target.  I love the Golden Age feel to it.

4 hours ago, glendgold said:

Wow, what a great page! I remember  when this book broke up there was a lot of concern about how oddball many pages looked, since Everett was late and other artists had to finish the pages (iirc,Ditko was involved), but this one is really 100% on-target.  I love the Golden Age feel to it.

Fascinating, I'd never heard that.  How long ago was it broken up? 

Congrats to the OP on a grail piece! 

5 hours ago, glendgold said:

39 minutes ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

Fascinating, I'd never heard that.  How long ago was it broken up? 

Agreed, I would love more on the backstory @glendgold

19 minutes ago, JadeGiant said:

Agreed, I would love more on the backstory @glendgold

I'm a little vague on details and am sure someone else here was paying better attention at the time, so chime in.  Broke up mmmmmaybe 20 years ago?  Not  every page surfaced.  Lotsa talk at the time like "Sure it's a #1, but look at all the different hands in it" so pages sat a bit.  I think people almost instantly regretted doing that.

16 hours ago, glendgold said:

I'm a little vague on details and am sure someone else here was paying better attention at the time, so chime in.  Broke up mmmmmaybe 20 years ago?  Not  every page surfaced.  Lotsa talk at the time like "Sure it's a #1, but look at all the different hands in it" so pages sat a bit.  I think people almost instantly regretted doing that.

Thanks Glen!  Do you know who might know the breakdown of who inked each page?  I checked comics.org and it doesn't provide any info.