• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prop Store Auction site
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Anyone ever buy artwork from Prop Store Auction website?  They had a few pages that were up for auction last week but I only know because I had a toy for sale in the same auction.  Auctions were live and done in one day.  Never even knew they sold OA on the website, wonder if I missed any good deals?

11 minutes ago, joefixit2 said:

Anyone ever buy artwork from Prop Store Auction website?  They had a few pages that were up for auction last week but I only know because I had a toy for sale in the same auction.  Auctions were live and done in one day.  Never even knew they sold OA on the website, wonder if I missed any good deals?

What were the art samples they had for sale? 

18 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

I completely forgot about it. I just never check there. Looking over seems mixed bag of results. That BP was pretty high I assume.

Yeah some unsold items. Bigger pieces will continue to go to HA. Opening day come on already....

#LFGM

8 minutes ago, grapeape said:

Yeah some unsold items. Bigger pieces will continue to go to HA. Opening day come on already....

#LFGM

You catch our boy on the mic-ed up segment? Dropping F bombs when I think Harrison smiled at him. Loved it

looks like half the items were unsold.  Maybe making opening bids start at the lower end of their estimates , will deters bidders.  I was shocked that a Batman Returns page (movie adaption) was estimated for $1000+, and then sold for it.  

Thanks to all those that did tune in for the Prop Store Toy/Comic Art auction.  We did our best to get the word out with a bunch of banner ads on CAF as well as posts on these boards, but as an auction house that isn't as well known for comic art, it can sometimes be harder to get on people's radars.  I'm glad that people here are taking note.  If people have further suggestions on what we can do to improve the next Comic Art auction, please feel free to drop me a PM.  We'd like to continue to provide some additional avenues to people in the hobby for purchasing comic art as well as collectibles.  

And, if people look at the online catalog from the March 4th auction and see items they're interested in that went Unsold (yes, use the link above), feel free to ping me and I can tell you if they're available.  We have sold a few lots post-auction, but wanted to make sure people here had a contact in case they wanted to reach out.

And, for those that don't follow our auctions regularly, we just announced our next Marvel Television Live Auction which will focus on Marvel's The Punisher and Marvel's The Defenders.  Not original art per se, but many of the prop are "art" that was created for these shows.  Check out a preview of that auction here:  https://usm.propstoreauction.com/m/view-auctions/info/id/257/.